Potential New Email "Tax"

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:40 pm

All I can say....is I HOPE this makes most of aol's blind users (I mean blind as in they think they are the best and the answer to everything) realise what aol is, what they do and how they opererate.

I have been trying to switch people from aol for a loooong time, but they think aol is the best with all the software it stuff deeply into your computer.
They really see the difference once they have a "true" isp (one that requires no software at all).
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:33 am

starfoxtj wrote: They really see the difference once they have a "true" isp (one that requires no software at all).

Ahem

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:38 am

What?
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:12 pm

Agreeing with you, I think thats the correct spelling :S

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:30 pm

Ah ok, was not sure. :)

OTmaster
I've Been Banned!

Post by OTmaster » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:12 am

ill just get an interantional email adress if it does happen.

Newfie

Post by Newfie » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:07 am

phantomk wrote: Agreeing with you, I think thats the correct spelling :S

I think you were looking for the word "Amen".

FF8Jake`

Post by FF8Jake` » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:28 am

Actually, if there were a way to impose a tax on all E-mail accounts on a per message basis, E-mail might be worth using again. Imagine the amount of spam that would be eliminated.
Caution, joking on a webforum can sometimes lead to this: Video footage
Please, think before posting about religion/bush/war/law enforcement. Please, save a keyboard.

OTmaster
I've Been Banned!

Post by OTmaster » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:17 pm

It would be impossible as everyone would hope over to international emails (otmaster@phpbb.ca.com otmaster@phpbbb.co.uk otmaster@phpbb.eu.com)

Return to “General Discussion”