About phpbb.com

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Twillingate.info

Post by Twillingate.info »

quick5pnt0 wrote:
MacForum wrote:Yeah, It came up "phpBB: Database Error", so I hit refresh and there,
fixed.

Yea, i've been having that happen to me for weeks now. I posted it in area51 a few weeks back but an admin locked my thread. Supposedly they knew about the problem, but i guess it still persists because i've been getting it every few days for a minute or two.

Has phpbb.com been extremely slow to anyone else lately? I think it started getting slow after the host change.

No, actually phpbb.com seems to be faster lately. :O

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Not today. I think they are having server problemes today.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

mw-dnb

Post by mw-dnb »

this usually happens when a server encounters a high load and your SQL queries don't make it into the stack because the SQL servers stack is full.

You can do 1 of a few things to fix this generally.

1. Get a more powerful server.
2. Resetup MySQL/SQL Server to run in a more 'industrious' mode. (Unless you're already at the top then you may want to start running clusters)
3. Optimize the queries in the software (which phpbb already has for the core of it)

Whats most likely happening is occasioanly this site gets a spike and a few users loose their queries resulting in that error, by the time you have refreshed the page the load has dropped and your queries are now in the stack and are processed.

Anyways - a person doesn't always fix it - the load of the machine, the application restarting itself, the application forking a new process can all play a part in it.

Generally your webhost will monitor services like SQL and are notified if it is down for 15 seconds - 1 minute etc. (generally depends on the quality of the webhost and the level of your service)
The brighest light burns out the quickest and you burn so very bright.
www.elementsofbass.com | For the breakbeat hardcore

christhatsme

Post by christhatsme »

mw-dnb wrote: this usually happens when a server encounters a high load and your SQL queries don't make it into the stack because the SQL servers stack is full.

You can do 1 of a few things to fix this generally.

1. Get a more powerful server.
2. Resetup MySQL/SQL Server to run in a more 'industrious' mode. (Unless you're already at the top then you may want to start running clusters)
3. Optimize the queries in the software (which phpbb already has for the core of it)

Whats most likely happening is occasioanly this site gets a spike and a few users loose their queries resulting in that error, by the time you have refreshed the page the load has dropped and your queries are now in the stack and are processed.

Anyways - a person doesn't always fix it - the load of the machine, the application restarting itself, the application forking a new process can all play a part in it.

Generally your webhost will monitor services like SQL and are notified if it is down for 15 seconds - 1 minute etc. (generally depends on the quality of the webhost and the level of your service)

no surprising that error returns
phpbb critical error

Too many connections on *your port*
All MOD downloads should be back now - Sorry for that and serious lack of support! - If anyone wants to take over or help with any of my MODs the offer would be apreciated as I have little time for phpBB Modding recently!

Again very sorry for not supporting these MODs recently.

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Sometimes it happens and i try refreshing my page and its back to work :wink:
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Love phpbb.com, but since the move to the new server, I've been getting a lot of those errors. lots of double posting you'll see all over. oh well. no biggie. I'm sure it will get solved soon.

Return to “General Discussion”