Google Calender

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
montux

Google Calender

Post by montux »

Guys What do you think about recently Lauched Google Calender?
Well i m very Happy with that.. now i will easily manage my schedule etc..
What abt you?
URL=http://directory-submission.inetzeal.com/]Manual Directory Submission Service[/URL]- Submission to 450 quality Directories
dhn
Former Team Member
Name: Dominik Dröscher

Re: Google Calender

Post by dhn »

montux wrote: Guys What do you think about recently Lauched Google Calender?
Well i m very Happy with that.. now i will easily manage my schedule etc..
What abt you?

I love it, especially the ability to add remote calendars. And with every new Google release I am finding more and more stuff I want. Now I want a Google address book. :)
risj_shr

Post by risj_shr »

well
its nice.
I found the calander with optimum features..
Erisar
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Sarmany

Post by Erisar »

I think it's awesome. They did a great job keeping it simple yet very functional. All I want now is WebDAV support. ;)
My Twitter · Erisar Design [Web Development and Graphic Design]
christhatsme

Post by christhatsme »

google just never stop. I don't see how there multi million dollar? what makes there money??
All MOD downloads should be back now - Sorry for that and serious lack of support! - If anyone wants to take over or help with any of my MODs the offer would be apreciated as I have little time for phpBB Modding recently!

Again very sorry for not supporting these MODs recently.
Carlsagan43

Post by Carlsagan43 »

Hmmm. I have gotten more and more suspicious of google after Gmail. They always seem to want your files, your life, you. I dont plan on using googles calender, since after all, they dont need to know my personal life. Why would google produce all this stuff that is free to use? They want to know more about you, for money making purposes. I would rather not let someone I dont know learn about my private life simply becuase its easy for me.
lilybony

Post by lilybony »

Carlsagan43 wrote: Hmmm. I have gotten more and more suspicious of google after Gmail. They always seem to want your files, your life, you. I dont plan on using googles calender, since after all, they dont need to know my personal life. Why would google produce all this stuff that is free to use? They want to know more about you, for money making purposes. I would rather not let someone I dont know learn about my private life simply becuase its easy for me.

Wow, yes, your words remind me .Why Google offer so much free things and push them to the face of more and more people? and it will get more and more people's personal info ,that's the big treasure. it may make money from it someday.
Java server& flash client chat software* * phpbb chat module
Smiles are contagious; be a carrier :)
dhn
Former Team Member
Name: Dominik Dröscher

Post by dhn »

Google Calendar now has a documented API. Expect a lot of cool applications and widgets to come out shortly.

Everyone, put off your tinfoil hats. They are disturbing my enjoyment.
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

christhatsme wrote: google just never stop. I don't see how there multi million dollar? what makes there money??

Advertising. Adwords and Adsense.
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
Carlsagan43

Post by Carlsagan43 »

Everyone, put off your tinfoil hats. They are disturbing my enjoyment.

When was the last time you totally trusted a company with your personal life?
Drunky

Post by Drunky »

Is Google's calendar better than Yahoo's?
Erisar
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Sarmany

Post by Erisar »

Carlsagan43 wrote: Hmmm. I have gotten more and more suspicious of google after Gmail. They always seem to want your files, your life, you. I dont plan on using googles calender, since after all, they dont need to know my personal life. Why would google produce all this stuff that is free to use? They want to know more about you, for money making purposes. I would rather not let someone I dont know learn about my private life simply becuase its easy for me.

How's is Google's implementation any more of an invasion of privacy than all the other web calendars (MSN/Hotmail's, Yahoo's, etc)?
My Twitter · Erisar Design [Web Development and Graphic Design]
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

It isn't...but what I can't figure out is why you would use anything other than paper for your calendar unless you carry a PDA.

This question based primarily on the amount of time per day I have access to a computer and/or the Internet, and my time there is probably above average.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

My only concern would be that Google might lose focus on their search engine. If they keep trying to be so many things to so many people, they may forget that the reason they are famous is for the search engine, and they may slack off their search engine.

It's like Wayne Gretzky trying to do figure skating, curling, and driving a Zamboni in addition to hockey. :D
Simon Smith

Post by Simon Smith »

well i think its a great idea and i am going to try it out later

Return to “General Discussion”