Nintendo Revolution Is No More!

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Thatbitextra
Former Team Member
Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Post by Thatbitextra » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:14 pm

xdarkday wrote:
Thatbitextra wrote:Hmm. I think I'll just call it Revolution as well. Anybody else think Nintendo have put another nail in their own coffin? Maybe the last? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Nintndo fan, but there's no way I'm going to ask people if they want to play with my wee, as Erisar said. I reckon they've made life a lot harder for themself. The games are going to have to be even better now.
Personally, I'm getting more and more tempted by the Xbox 360, but I will of course wait to see more of the Revolution before deciding.
Get both! 360 so far has been way worth it to me.

Yeah, I was thinking that, but I'm not sure I want to buy two consoles and then games for both. It would cost a lot and I don't play games a great deal anyway. But as I said, I'll wait and see before I make my mind up :)
Styles KB
My MODs: Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:52 pm

See this is why computers are the way to game...one computer, as many games as you want. You dont need to worry about consol names, buying two sets of each game or the maker stopping production on games because the next consol is comming out.

Just keep your computer updated with enough ram and a good video card and your set.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

xdarkday

Post by xdarkday » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:22 pm

starfoxtj wrote: See this is why computers are the way to game...one computer, as many games as you want. You dont need to worry about consol names, buying two sets of each game or the maker stopping production on games because the next consol is comming out.

Just keep your computer updated with enough ram and a good video card and your set.
PC and consoles > PC

FF8Jake`

Post by FF8Jake` » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:11 am

starfoxtj wrote: See this is why computers are the way to game...one computer, as many games as you want. You dont need to worry about consol names, buying two sets of each game or the maker stopping production on games because the next consol is comming out.

Because, the combined cost of ram and video cards to play the latest games are just a fraction of the cost of a game console...

Also, since you can play such fan favorites like Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, or even Mario on a computer, buying a console is just absolutely senseless! Hahaha.
Caution, joking on a webforum can sometimes lead to this: Video footage
Please, think before posting about religion/bush/war/law enforcement. Please, save a keyboard.

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:18 am

True a consol is cheaper, but its also like buying a ford pinto vs a Saleen S7. :P
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

FF8Jake`

Post by FF8Jake` » Mon May 01, 2006 6:41 am

starfoxtj wrote: True a consol is cheaper, but its also like buying a ford pinto vs a Saleen S7. :P
Since when did I say anything about a Bank Annuity?

Anyone who owns both a decent computer and game consoles will tell you, computer games and console games are for the most part different.

I'm still yet to see a RPG on par with those on SNES/PS1/PS2 for computer. It's all a load of FPS, tactics, and sim derivatives.
Please, think before posting about religion/bush/war/law enforcement. Please, save a keyboard.

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Mon May 01, 2006 7:17 am

Yet to see an RPG for a computer? Have you even played Myst? Riven? Exile?
Thats just one series among many.

Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon etc.

Drunky

Post by Drunky » Mon May 01, 2006 5:35 pm

starfoxtj wrote: Yet to see an RPG for a computer? Have you even played Myst? Riven? Exile?
Thats just one series among many.

Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon etc.

FF8Jake` was saying that he hasn't seen one that compares to an RPG from the SNES. The SNES was all about story in games and not graphics which is what RPG's are about now.

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Mon May 01, 2006 5:37 pm

Ah, I cant really comment on that system as the only game I ever played on it was Mortak Kombat.

Ive had NES, Genesis, Gameboy and N64 only.

Pit
Security Consultant

Post by Pit » Mon May 01, 2006 7:33 pm

FF8Jake` wrote: I'm still yet to see a RPG on par with those on SNES/PS1/PS2 for computer.

nethack
super fun rainbow colour sig

rick`

Post by rick` » Tue May 02, 2006 2:20 am

I'm not that fussed on the name. Because I'll always refer to it as the Revolution or Nintendo. Despite having a N64 and GameCube. I call them all the same thing at one point.

Eventually it's just going to boil down to 'I'm gonna go play <insert game>' anways ;)

FF8Jake`

Post by FF8Jake` » Tue May 02, 2006 7:26 am

Pit wrote:
FF8Jake` wrote:I'm still yet to see a RPG on par with those on SNES/PS1/PS2 for computer.

nethack
They should make a cellphone version of that.

/me ponders...

Pit
Security Consultant

Post by Pit » Tue May 02, 2006 2:50 pm

Java telnet + cellphone + internets + nethack.alt.org = OMGZ PHONE BILL TERRISM

I contributed to this topic. 8)
super fun rainbow colour sig

FanFrat

Post by FanFrat » Mon May 08, 2006 1:59 am

My boards were going to be the Revolution Lobby, but now it's the Wii Lobby.

It's not the same, is it?

sonyboy

Post by sonyboy » Mon May 08, 2006 6:12 am

nope nope,

"I'm going to get a we."
"You can't get a we, it's more than one."
"No, the Nintendo Revolution I meant."
"Oh"

Return to “General Discussion”