Nintendo Revolution Is No More!

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
crazed666spike

Post by crazed666spike » Mon May 08, 2006 5:08 pm

the new nintendo's gonna be crap, nintendo (as a company) has gone downhill since the n64 came out (great system) but since then they have yet to release anything worth buying, i bought a gamecube about a year after it came out and found that there were almost NO games that interested me (maybe about a handfull) not to mention theyve ruined mario, theyre main game. im not even gonna waste my money on the wii, ive seen a few game previews for it in a few of my friends magazines where it mimics the way your holding your gun/sword in the game to the way your holding the controller but other then that, i think the controller is pretty gay, its pretty much just a NES controller with "add-ons" which means limited buttons which means the games wont have as many things that you can do, unless you have to hit combinations of buttons, which would be even gayer i think.

btw i heard somewhere that after the gamecube disaster nintendo was gonna back out of the console war and just stick to gameboy?? did anyone else hear this??

ps. xbox (microsoft) is gonna pwn playstation :)

sonyboy

Post by sonyboy » Tue May 09, 2006 3:27 am

crazed666spike wrote: the new nintendo's gonna be crap, nintendo (as a company) has gone downhill since the n64 came out (great system) but since then they have yet to release anything worth buying, i bought a gamecube about a year after it came out and found that there were almost NO games that interested me (maybe about a handfull) not to mention theyve ruined mario, theyre main game. im not even gonna waste my money on the wii, ive seen a few game previews for it in a few of my friends magazines where it mimics the way your holding your gun/sword in the game to the way your holding the controller but other then that, i think the controller is pretty gay, its pretty much just a NES controller with "add-ons" which means limited buttons which means the games wont have as many things that you can do, unless you have to hit combinations of buttons, which would be even gayer i think.

btw i heard somewhere that after the gamecube disaster nintendo was gonna back out of the console war and just stick to gameboy?? did anyone else hear this??

They should have kept Revolution instead of changing it to Wii. You said no game on GameCube interest you then why you bought it, did you research before buying? Oh about the Xbox & Playstation, we'll see about that. The sales of 360 in Japan isn't like what Bill expected.

SAK `

Post by SAK ` » Tue May 09, 2006 4:27 am

I am only a classic Nintendo and Super Nintendo gamer more than the newest platform-type gamer. I am a PS2 fan as well.
The Serial AD Killa trademark is no more. 2003-2007

FF8Jake`

Post by FF8Jake` » Tue May 09, 2006 5:49 am

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet in the topic, but Sony has just announced the PS3 controller is going to have xyz tilt functions, etc. Nothing that can compare to what Wii has, but the sorry bastards threw it in just to crap on nintendo's idea.
Caution, joking on a webforum can sometimes lead to this: Video footage
Please, think before posting about religion/bush/war/law enforcement. Please, save a keyboard.

the_host

Post by the_host » Tue May 09, 2006 7:43 am

I think alot can compare to what wii has :P
Sony and MS have been ahead for years.

crazed666spike

Post by crazed666spike » Tue May 09, 2006 5:29 pm

sonyboy wrote:
crazed666spike wrote:the new nintendo's gonna be crap, nintendo (as a company) has gone downhill since the n64 came out (great system) but since then they have yet to release anything worth buying, i bought a gamecube about a year after it came out and found that there were almost NO games that interested me (maybe about a handfull) not to mention theyve ruined mario, theyre main game. im not even gonna waste my money on the wii, ive seen a few game previews for it in a few of my friends magazines where it mimics the way your holding your gun/sword in the game to the way your holding the controller but other then that, i think the controller is pretty gay, its pretty much just a NES controller with "add-ons" which means limited buttons which means the games wont have as many things that you can do, unless you have to hit combinations of buttons, which would be even gayer i think.

They should have kept Revolution instead of changing it to Wii. You said no game on GameCube interest you then why you bought it, did you research before buying? Oh about the Xbox & Playstation, we'll see about that. The sales of 360 in Japan isn't like what Bill expected.

japan is the only thing playstation has going for it, if you take away japan, then playstation will never be ahead :P xbox was ahead in america anyway :P, dont get me wrong, i DO like sony, but pretty much the only thing that sony has to offer is RPG's, ive played over 100 xbox only games and they were all kickass, and unique from each other. I have yet to play an xbox game that i didnt like (although i played Kameo for xbox 360 at EB and it seemed kinda gay)

i bought the gamecube cuz a friend of mine had one and i liked metroid prime and super smash bros.

as a friend of mine has said, "the best thing to do with the gamecube is gut it and turn it into a container"

sonyboy

Post by sonyboy » Tue May 09, 2006 7:51 pm

the_host wrote: I think alot can compare to what wii has :P

That's their problem, Nintendo is not in the war like other 2.

FF8Jake`

Post by FF8Jake` » Tue May 09, 2006 10:24 pm

sonyboy wrote:
the_host wrote:I think alot can compare to what wii has :P

That's their problem, Nintendo is not in the war like other 2.
That's not their problem, that's their saving grace. Nintendo likes to innovate, and Sony just ripped their idea off and really did a shoddy job of it.
Caution, joking on a webforum can sometimes lead to this: Video footage
Please, think before posting about religion/bush/war/law enforcement. Please, save a keyboard.

Bobble

Post by Bobble » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:34 pm

A think what a lot of people have missed is that Nintendo are not trying to 'win' the console war with the Wii. They are people quite shrewd and letting M$ and $ony fight it out and being content with the Wii being the 'as well' machine. In the UK (probably the rest of the world) it will be cheaper to but a 360 and a Wii than a PS3. I know I'll be picking one up to go with my 360...

With such a low price point (currently rumoured to be ~£150) a lot of kids will have this bought for Christmas by parents who will not pay 3 times the amount for the PS3. $ony have lost the vibrate from their controllers due to legal action and have stolen the Wii's motion control to replace it but at the time of writing only one game supports it whereas Nintendo built it in the motion control from scratch. Interestingly M$ tried the motion control a while ago and have decided that there's not a market for it. Take into account the backward compatibility of Wii and it could turn out to be a surprise hit - time will tell.

And one last comment on the name, being a Geordie I can quite happily Wii as 'Why aye', Geordie for yes :D

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:51 pm

For me, I like Nintendo ... I owned a NES and a SNES way back, I loved the games, they were fun but still challenging. I don't own a GameCube or a N64 but I do often play them at friends houses and they do have very unique games. I recently bought a DS Lite and I like it, a lot of the games are fun, easy to use and again, still has a challenging to it.

Nintendo Wii is starting to get my vote simply because I own a ps2 and have played xbox games ... and for me, a lot of the games just don't interest me, its the same stuff over and over again ... where as Nintendo comes out with fresh ideas all the time, they innovate.

Thats just my opinion.

john222

Post by john222 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:06 pm

The Nintendo Wii, if I heard correctly, is a code of something that has to do with Nintendo. It's like a hidden code that people have been trying to figure out. It's really interactive, as seen in the preview and it looks like something lots of people would buy.
Love poker, but hate the Bad Beat? Visit BadBeatTales.com

rick`

Post by rick` » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:25 am

Nintendo effectively secured at least second place this time around. Sony got carried away with how much they can 'jack up the specs' they seem to have forgotten that it's all about the game play. The 360 is cheaper than the PS3 and offers almost exactly the same (in terms of hardware). The Wii, cheaper still, picks up what MS didn't - which is a lot given the functionality of the Wii. Essentially, Sony is screwed unless they've got a lot of cards still left to play - and they'd have to very good.

Sony has a console that is a "clone" of one that is already out, theirs is more expensive and apparently offers nothing that can't be gotten out of the 360 - except for "exclusive" titles, some, or most, of which will probably jump to the 360, and or Wii, if the PS3 doesn't make a huge hit early.

Blu-ray is Sony's main killer. If they scrapped that, they could slash $200 off the cost of the console without blinking. Pushing technology that the market has no real use for isn't the way to go. I'd understand if there were movies coming out on Blu-Ray / HD-DVD but everyone is still using DVD. And it'll be at least 5 years before Blu-Ray or HD-DVD comes out on top, at which point the players will be cheap enough to make PS3 intigration worthless.

Drunky

Post by Drunky » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:07 am

The problem with Sony is they get all the good RPG's. I want a PS3 for only 2 games made by Konami.

john222

Post by john222 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:29 am

I think the PS3 will have a better outcome then the Wii, but the Wii is very interactive, which is something we have not really seen yet. It's going to be an interesting competition when they both come out.
Love poker, but hate the Bad Beat? Visit BadBeatTales.com

StijnH

Post by StijnH » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:06 pm

If you go to the site and look at 'Philosophy', you can read this:
Wii will break down that wall that separates video game players from everybody else.
Wii will put people more in touch with their games … and each other. But you’re probably asking: What does the name mean?
Wii sounds like “we,” which emphasizes this console is for everyone.
Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Return to “General Discussion”