Saddam Hussein executed

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
romans1423
Name: Rick Beckman

Saddam Hussein executed

Post by romans1423 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:45 am

Saddam Hussein has been executed by hanging.

The end of an era is over, so it seems. Reactions to this event are undoubtedly mixed. Undoubtedly he did some terrible things during his life, and I believe he has already appeared before He who is capable of rendering a perfectly just and thorough verdict.

How do you feel about his being executed, and what do you expect the response to be like? Does this change anything? Should he have been kept imprisoned instead?
Last edited by romans1423 on Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whisper2u

Post by Whisper2u » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:02 am

I don't believe in the death penalty.
So, I guess he should have been imprisoned.
It won't make that big of a difference I don't think, however it will save more innocent lives from his evil ways, in the long run.
And this is a great question.
Huggles, Whisper

Edit: Removed overused Bold. ~ Caedmon
"The Dance is in your heart."

Gurv720

Post by Gurv720 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:11 am

Even though he was a very very bad man I think hanging him was very wrong. They should show respect and give him the lethal injection like basically everyone who gets the death sentence.
Gurv720

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:14 am

Gurv720 wrote: Even though he was a very very bad man I think hanging him was very wrong. They should show respect and give him the lethal injection like basically everyone who gets the death sentence.

As far as I am aware no one in Iraq gets the lethal injection, that is an American thing. You have to remember he was convicted under Iraq law was punished the way you are punished for such crimes in Iraq :)

Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:31 am

Gurv720 wrote: Even though he was a very very bad man I think hanging him was very wrong. They should show respect and give him the lethal injection like basically everyone who gets the death sentence.

Killing is killing basically,

I believe many people don´t understand that "the lethal injection" is just another way of doing the same thing, murdering.
For phpBB2 support visit phpBB2refugees.

Gurv720

Post by Gurv720 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:50 am

Yes I know that, but its more of a clean death. They put you asleep first then they they kill. Hanging someone they go down in pain.
Gurv720

Anon
Former Team Member

Post by Anon » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:23 am

Dogs and things wrote:
Gurv720 wrote:Even though he was a very very bad man I think hanging him was very wrong. They should show respect and give him the lethal injection like basically everyone who gets the death sentence.

Killing is killing basically,

I believe many people don´t understand that "the lethal injection" is just another way of doing the same thing, murdering.

It's the difference between having your old pet put down by injection or clubbing it to death. It does the same thing, but which would you prefer?
Last edited by Anon on Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:42 am

Correct me if I´m wrong but I believe "the lethal injection" is not being applied to sooth the executed but the mind of the executioner(s).

If I could choose I´d certainly prefer a bullet, or two.

And I´d also like to be executed by someone who´s not guilty of and responsable for the worst crimes commited in modern history.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:45 am

Dogs and things wrote: And I´d also like to be executed by someone who´s not guilty of and responsable for the worst crimes commited in modern history.

Erm care to explain that one? He was executed by the Iraq justice system, assuming that was dig at Bush please stop trying to turn this into a political argument ;)

If you are hanged properly it is as quick and painless as any other method of execution, you are supposed to have your neck broken and in theory do not suffocate to death.

Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:59 am

What do you mean?

Bush illegally invades a country, turns it into an incredible mess, puts a puppet governement in place and puts them in charge of processing and killing the former head of state and you say there´s nothing political in all that?

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:10 am

Yeah that's it, lets blame the states..... no no lets blame Bush, although last time I checked Bush was not in the court and had no real influence over the trial even though it may have been a farce, and the bloke was in bed when Saddam swung. Obviously none of this is anything to do with Saddam's actions.....you know the torturing and brutal murdering of 100's, possibly thousands of innocent people. We all have to face the consequences of our actions, no matter how small an action there is a consequence. Saddam just faced the consequences of his actions, regardless of all the other political tripe surrounding the issue, he still got what he deserved :)

Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:21 am

The U.S governement represented by that innocent lamb is guilty of horrible killings of innocent people all around the world and you believe them to have the right to judge others?

I´m not saying Saddam should or should not have been killed but it´s not acceptable to me this has been done on behalf of a terribly criminal government.

And don´t try tomake me believe you really consider bush as somenone who has nothing to do with all this just because he was asleep and not present in the court. Come on, thinking like that you end up saying saddam was innocwent as well.

webhosting.uk.com

Post by webhosting.uk.com » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:31 am

I think he should have been imprisoned.

Before the execution Hussein refused to wear a black hood over his head. What do you guys think about this? :?
Web Hosting | Dedicated Server | VPS Hosting | cPanel Hosting
Email : sales @ webhosting.uk.com
Toll Free: 0808-262-0855

Gurv720

Post by Gurv720 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:38 am

webhosting.uk.com wrote: I think he should have been imprisoned.

Before the execution Hussein refused to wear a black hood over his head. What do you guys think about this? :?

I could care less, let the dead man have his way.
Gurv720

Viper07

Post by Viper07 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:07 pm

In the eyes of his followers, he's entering the realm of martyrdom. I would sooner see the evil b4stard left to rot in a cell somewhere until he is old, weak and frail.

Return to “General Discussion”