Pixar's new movie: Wall-E

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Heimidal
Former Team Member

Pixar's new movie: Wall-E

Post by Heimidal » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:15 pm

I'm sure many have seen this already, but I wanted to point it our for those that haven't:

Pixar's Wall-E Teaser

Judging from the teaser's short bit about the robot at the end, it seems that Wall-E's goal will be to visit the stars. I get incredibly excited every time a few Pixar film is unmasked, as do several other phpBB Team Members. Pixar makes the best animated movies, in my opinion, and this already looks great.

They seem to have a distinct formula: a well-orchestrated rising action that introduces each and every character without getting boring followed by an excellent "quest" or "adventure." And of course, the perfect amount of adult comedy that keeps kids and grown ups alike interested.

So it's obvious I'm a Pixar geek. What say you? Excited, or do you think the premise stinks?

Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: Pixar's new movie: Wall-E

Post by Phil » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:34 pm

The premise sounds interesting, but I think I'll wait for a bit more detailed trailer before I make any final judgments. Knowing Pixar, though, this will turn into yet another great movie.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:40 am

Pixar has yet to make a movie that failed to crest the $100M mark in US sales. So they clearly have some talented people. I do very much hope that they can retain the people and the spirit that made PIxar such a cool place now that they're owned by The Mouse™ instead of being independent...
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

Heimidal
Former Team Member

Post by Heimidal » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:09 am

drathbun wrote:Pixar has yet to make a movie that failed to crest the $100M mark in US sales. So they clearly have some talented people. I do very much hope that they can retain the people and the spirit that made PIxar such a cool place now that they're owned by The Mouse™ instead of being independent...
I trust Steve Jobs will ensure their continued autonomy. After all, they are the only reason Disney even has an animation department at this point.

Ksilebo

Post by Ksilebo » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:24 pm

Looks interesting. Still need to see Ratatouille though. Friend of mine saw it at Pixar and will likely force me to see it at knifepoint.

Return to “General Discussion”