she already got iPhone, got it before friday

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
feelexit

she already got iPhone, got it before friday

Post by feelexit » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:03 pm

got it from digg, wondering how she got it so early?

more pics

I cannot wait to get mine
free phpbb theme - themecreative, download it here

beatme101

Re: she already got iPhone, got it before friday

Post by beatme101 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:33 pm

There are vastly cheaper alternatives that can do more than it; in fact I don't think any of the alternatives that are better than it, are more expensive than it. This is exactly the same junk as the iPod. I really hope that people realize this and buy something else before wasting their money and becoming just another Apple zombie like so many other fools, thinking they got a great product when in reality everyone around them has something better, and more left over money in their pockets.

People were joking alot that Apple was going to make an iPhone, little did they know it would actually happen.. Now I'm worried about that iToilet..

Heimidal
Former Team Member

Post by Heimidal » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:21 pm

beatme101 wrote:There are vastly cheaper alternatives that can do more than it; in fact I don't think any of the alternatives that are better than it, are more expensive than it. This is exactly the same junk as the iPod. I really hope that people realize this and buy something else before wasting their money and becoming just another Apple zombie like so many other fools, thinking they got a great product when in reality everyone around them has something better, and more left over money in their pockets.
Unsurprisingly, every review that's been published thus far disagrees with you. Sure, the phone has some problems, but I have yet to find a phone on the market that doesn't.

I'm not sure what "alternatives" you're talking about (name some models?), but I can't think of anything that contains the same feature set of the iPhone. I understand the argument that one might not need all of the features it has, but if people want said features, there's nothing else available.

beatme101

Post by beatme101 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:38 pm

Heimidal wrote:Unsurprisingly, every review that's been published thus far disagrees with you. Sure, the phone has some problems, but I have yet to find a phone on the market that doesn't.

I'm not sure what "alternatives" you're talking about (name some models?), but I can't think of anything that contains the same feature set of the iPhone. I understand the argument that one might not need all of the features it has, but if people want said features, there's nothing else available.
I forget what it's called as well as who it was made by, but news companies were making a huge fuss about it about a month ago. It looked really pretty compared to the iPhone, and they were saying it was going to be quite a competitor to the iPhone. Something about being more expandable (memory?) than the iPhone, as well as lower price. If I find it again I'll try to remember to post it.

NoLimit_05

Post by NoLimit_05 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:57 pm

I guess it's all about what you like and or do not like. I run a cell phone website and deal with phones all day and I myself would not care to have the cellular iPod. That's about all it is in reality and also more clear screen to be scratched up. “You’ll have e-mail in a place that’s unsecured. There are no firewalls on the device. There’s no ability to wipe (data from) the device if it’s lost. I could go on and on about this thing and the problems I see coming in the future. Support is going to be a big issue because AT&T is not Apple and 90% of the reps for AT&T barely know anything about the normal phones, much less with the iPhone. IMO, I would rather use my Sony VAIO for internet use and watch my Sony 50" LCD with DirecTV complete package and use either the non branded Nokia 6103 I have or the Sony Ericcson W710i than to carry around a high priced colored screen that plays music and makes phone calls and pay the subscription price that comes along with this phone if you want all options to work. I think within a month or two, everyone will start seeing complaints rolling in by the thousands on this cellular iPod.

Many security features like a firewall are not on this phone. The product does not support Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes, so corporate users would have to forward e-mail to an Internet service provider. Anyway, if you have money to throw around and have to be just like Mr. Jones, then go get you one but within 3 months, it will be like any other cell phone to you except a bit more scratched up.

Good luck to all who buy it. 8-)

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:36 pm

Anyone seen Maddox's take on the iPhone? It is rather hilarious, as always. (I shall not link to it here, but I suspect that it can be located with any competent search engine.) In his way, he does make some valid points about how the "hype" of the iPhone has, perhaps without merit, over shone mobile telephones of comparable specification. Certainly, this was true of the Apple TV.

For me, the price is far too high, though I have yet to see the contractual offering in the UK. Even if it is offered for US prices, and these are often doubled by the time an American product arrives on British soil, I shall be disinterested. Typically, one pays nothing for the mobile telephone itself when one enters a twelve-month contract of more than, say, £30 per month (US$60) in the UK; instead the company, grateful for such a valuable customer, offers the phone for free (or certainly at a vastly reduced price). I don't know whether this arrangement will apply to Apple's newest product, since they seem to aspire to some inverted supply-demand graph, whereby over-inflated price makes the product appear more valuable and therefore demand increases. With any luck, otherwise cumbersome EU legislation will make that difficult for them. Faults such as the lack of expandability for a woefully inadequate 8 GB hard disc are also rather damning in my opinion.

In truth, I only need a mobile telephone expressly for the purpose for which it is named; to make telephone calls (and occasionally, send text messages). The only lure in an iPhone for me is that I wouldn't need to carry a separate iPod (but 8 GB, let alone four, is insufficient for this) --- though I confess, I have at times wanted reasonable mobile internet access. At a disadvantage, I could not carry a crap phone and no iPod were I travelling late at night through a rough area.
Roberdin

Return to “General Discussion”