Would you spend money for a message-board-system?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
luke6104

Re: Would you spend money for a message-board-system?

Post by luke6104 »

phpbb always

drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

luke6104 wrote:phpbb always
Not to single you out... well, okay, I am singling you out. :) This is the sort of post that gets topics like this one closed down. To be very honest, I am not sure how this topic has lasted this long, as a) we don't allow comparison topics here as per this topic and b) we don't allow survey topics as per the general discussion rules and c)... well, I don't think a "c" is really necessary since either "a" or "b" should have been enough. Seems the moderator team has been asleep at the wheel on this one.

So if you don't want the nasty moderator team* to lock the topic, at least try to make it seem worth leaving open, okay? Please? Thanks.

* And yes, that was an attempt at humor, poor though it may be. :)
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

Acreo Aeneas

Post by Acreo Aeneas »

I would spend money on a vBulletin (for clients) because of the availability of integration with a php-based eCommerce website and/or cart. Plus they have phone support, but at a fairly steep price.

Of course that would be for my clients. Personally, I like using phpBB. And with phpbb3, it is even better. So personally, I'd probably never pay for forum software. Professionally I would if I could convince my client it is worth the extra cost.
Acreo Aeneas

akelly65

Post by akelly65 »

I have used both vbulletin and phpbb, I would say that vbulletin looks more professional but don't think it is worth the money that it costs, I have spent £300 on vbulletin the basic template isn't very good but some of the templates available are very good, I really like Ad Infinitum I think it looks AMAZING!!!

karylllemia

Post by karylllemia »

StuWright wrote:I agrre, if phpBB is working well there is no need to pay out for a message board. Its very easy to get carried away on a site and spend more & more, eventually running a good site to pay for itself or worse making a loss.
Yes, I agree on that! It is just a waste of money. The phpBB provides all the stuff we need. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”