Why do hosting companies have hot babes in their ads?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
bodhost.com

Re: Why do hosting companies have hot babes in their ads?

Post by bodhost.com »

Well basically it is a matter of attraction. Men are bound to fantasize their emotions whereas the women, she will always be jealous of the image. :D

So its a great marketing strategy...

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

To be honest, I don't think a couple of low quality gifs of women who are, frankly, not especially attractive, will make much difference to a man's sexual inclinations. The idea is that they show people who are happy to help you, and perhaps it is easier for both men and women, generally, to believe subconsciously that a woman will be more willing to help. I don't know. Often, they will also show smiling business men who are overjoyed that their web hosts are providing a modicum of service -- enabling their business to function.
Roberdin

bodhost.com

Post by bodhost.com »

Yes..that is so true. However, in the end it is the service that matters though. ;)

eUKhost.com

Post by eUKhost.com »

I agree, it's the service that matters more. Excellent service will automatically spread the word for you and get you a good amount of referral sign-ups.

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Roberdin wrote:I have seen half a dozen shampoo advertisements about some kind of shampoo that implies it makes a girl's hair more attractive to touch than any other area. Unfortunately, the message has backfired somewhat as I don't remember which shampoo it was: I was too distracted by the models.
Haha! :lol:
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D

Return to “General Discussion”