No operations for smokers!

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
god0fgod

Re: No operations for smokers!

Post by god0fgod »

Roberdin wrote:
god0fgod wrote:I'm sure in the UK people have to leave the site completely.
What if the site ends at the entrance (on to a street perhaps)?
I wouldn't think a hospital will lead onto a street.
dxlwebs

Post by dxlwebs »

what the (not gunna say it lol) this is just wrong i mean soo the old men are going to get bored with all this crap about smoking and start on small people lol or better yet really sick people because its a waste of time!

i mean come on this is just wrong!
Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

god0fgod wrote:
Roberdin wrote:
god0fgod wrote:I'm sure in the UK people have to leave the site completely.
What if the site ends at the entrance (on to a street perhaps)?
I wouldn't think a hospital will lead onto a street.
This is getting off the topic, but they certainly do in central London.
dxlwebs wrote:what the (not gunna say it lol) this is just wrong i mean soo the old men are going to get bored with all this crap about smoking and start on small people lol or better yet really sick people because its a waste of time!
I'm afraid that I have no idea what you're talking about.
Roberdin
linrosa1

Post by linrosa1 »

Looks like i will be out numbered as i am a smoker, tried to give up lasted 3 weeks was doing great until i went out, should of packed in when this ban came into place.
I dont agree with that man being told he cant have the operation because he is a smoker, on the other hand iff he was told he had to stop smoking for health reasons thats a total difference all together.
As a smoker it is teribble trying to stop, some people have more will power than others and i,m in that category,I dont smoke when i,m shopping and i dont light up in company and certain places without asking others iff they mind.
All my friends are non smokers and they dont mind me smoking in fact they think this law is ridiculous and going too far, so all the smokers out there are puffing away outside public bars in the streets and it looks awful.
dxlwebs

Post by dxlwebs »

i agree they have gone way too far i mean this is prejudice, if you ask 100 none smokers 90% of them dont even care its not in there way i believe that they should if anything allow you to smoke in bars and clubs as its the way of life to have a fag in the bar and the hospitals should not be saying no to smokers i bet 90% of them smoke!
god0fgod

Post by god0fgod »

Maybe smokers shouldn't be allowed to work in hospitals then. Is that fair?

Smokers shouldn't smoke in public at all as it's very ignorant for them to completely forget about how non-smokers feel.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

They should also deny operations to people that eat unhealthy, people who drive their car too fast, people who live near waste dumps, clumsy people, people with genetic dispositions for disease, people who drink alcohol excessively, people ... well you get the picture.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

dxlwebs wrote: i believe that they should if anything allow you to smoke in bars and clubs as its the way of life to have a
It should be left up to the bar owner, they are passing all kinds of laws in the US too. Granted smoking should be banned from indoor public places where the other non-smoker has no choice but to intermingle with smokers. Hospitals, government buildings, schools etc.

I'll tell you what they should ban is the over use of perfume. Some of those women put enough on to knock you out... :lol:
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
dxlwebs

Post by dxlwebs »

god0fgod wrote:Maybe smokers shouldn't be allowed to work in hospitals then. Is that fair?

Smokers shouldn't smoke in public at all as it's very ignorant for them to completely forget about how non-smokers feel.

So your a non smoker i guess i quit smoking a year ago and it doesn't bother me i mean shouldn't they be dealing with more important things like drugs! and everything else i tell you if they was to put as much hard work into stopping crime as they do in stopping fags we would be able to walk down the streets at night and not have to worry about any thing at all!
Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

dxlwebs wrote:
god0fgod wrote:Maybe smokers shouldn't be allowed to work in hospitals then. Is that fair?

So your a non smoker i guess i quit smoking a year ago and it doesn't bother me i mean shouldn't they be dealing with more important things like drugs!
Tobacco is a drug. So is alcohol.

So what you are telling me is that as a non-smoker, my health needs and standards are below everybody else? Doesn't fly with me. One thing at a time. I'm not saying outright ban smoking altogether (though that'd be a good thing to do, but I digress), but set boundaries. Have a smoking shed for employees that wish to smoke outside of your building, away from the general public. Have rules about not smoking inside the building, with clients during conferences, but don't alienate non-smokers just because you want them to suffer the consequences of other people's choices.
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN
dxlwebs

Post by dxlwebs »

well in my mind i think you are just prejudice from the way you are saying it you want all the smokers in a shed in the middle of a field miles away from everyone i mean if you really care about health then mc donalds and every other junk food should be band and no more coffee also cars should run by electric which was generated by water i agree there should be boundaries but its going to far there should be a room in the resturant or bar or which ever building where smokers can go why should they be left out in the cold in some crappy shed i mean come on grow up please every one from the way your saying things in my mind if thats how you feel then how is your people skills do you only like one raise white is better than others and the others should be left out side too along with the people who dont speak the queens english there should be rules but within reason there should be a smokers area but inside and if the non smokers dont like it then they should not leave their house because its perfectic of you to say smokers should stay out side because of your health there are loads of places that do not allow smoking so go there!

sorry if it sounds rude but i believe you are a very narrow minded person who needs to sit back and think about what you do that people do not like and if you can fix your problems then give you word!

i vote SMOKERS CAN SMOKE WHERE EVER WHEN EVER WITHIN REASON!!! no sheds hundreds of miles away from every one else!

p.s. all most every thing is a drug think about it!

sorry to the admins if this post seemed rude in anyway it was not intended that way
Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

dxlwebs wrote:well in my mind i think you are just prejudice from the way you are saying it you want all the smokers in a shed in the middle of a field miles away from everyone
You are full of it. Nowhere did I say that, or even come close to that.
i mean if you really care about health then mc donalds and every other junk food should be band
You are still full of it. I have a choice of whether or not I want to eat junk food. I choose not to. But I do not have a choice of whether the person beside me lights up and starts puffing away. That is killing me, and I can't do anything about it.
and no more coffee also cars should run by electric which was generated by water i agree there should be boundaries but its going to far there should be a room in the resturant or bar or which ever building where smokers can go why should they be left out in the cold in some crappy shed i mean come on grow up please every one from the way your saying things in my mind if thats how you feel then how is your people skills do you only like one raise white is better than others and the others should be left out side too along with the people who dont speak the queens english there should be rules but within reason there should be a smokers area but inside and if the non smokers dont like it then they should not leave their house because its perfectic of you to say smokers should stay out side because of your health there are loads of places that do not allow smoking so go there!
Aside from your lack of grammar skills, you have no clue what you are talking about. The smokers are making choices that are not only affecting themselves, but people around them. They are the ones that are pushing themselves away from everybody else. I have asthma. I will die because someone else decides to start smoking around me and I can't get to my medicine. Why should I be subjected to that? Simple: I shouldn't. I am doing nothing to affect that person. But they are affecting me.
sorry if it sounds rude but i believe you are a very narrow minded person who needs to sit back and think about what you do that people do not like and if you can fix your problems then give you word!
Oh grow up and stop whining like a little baby.
i vote SMOKERS CAN SMOKE WHERE EVER WHEN EVER WITHIN REASON!!! no sheds hundreds of miles away from every one else!
You are the only person who suggested having one hundreds of miles away.
p.s. all most every thing is a drug think about it!
I don't need to think about it. I already know that.
sorry to the admins if this post seemed rude in anyway it was not intended that way
Yes it was intended to be rude. So I'll tell you again: Grow up. Or better yet, stop participating in this discussion if you can't even have something resembling an ounce of respect for people that have opinions that differ from yours.
Yautja_cetanu

Post by Yautja_cetanu »

Personally I'm not a fan of denying health-care to a smoker. I'd prefer they make smoking illegal full-stop before they prevent health care. Public health care is supposed to be universal and its not about what is economically more sensible. Ideally you'd get government health laws that suggest everything we need to do to be health, it would be great. The population would be more healthy, there would be less sick days, people would be more productive at work. But the problem with this (and why democracy is such a good idea) is that the government get it wrong so often. Yeah Junk food is bad but for a while the government said that we should get regular easy excersise (like gardening or brisk walks) but a new study suggests we need 3 20 minute aerobic excersise sessions to remain healthy.

Its just way too complicated figuring out what counts as a healthy lifestyle and what isn't in a government sanctioned form (although interestingly in Singapore I heard they may fat kids run around the yard instead of going to a playground). So either go all the way and ban smoking (which I'd support) or leave it alone and let health care do what it was supposed to do (give people the RIGHT to health care, which is a leftie idea I agree with).
dxlwebs

Post by dxlwebs »

ok so you have asmah AND my sister has asmah and i have A`DHD and Dyslexia hense my bad grammer thank you for thinking for a while i have no problems with other poeples opinions but you dont its ok to think smoking is bad but not to believe that just because you dont means that everyone eles has to stop your a very rude and obnociose person who needs to get a life smoking is a social thing it helps people get to know each other better and can we please get back to the real subject like i have stayed on and you havent you call me childish when you obviously do not know what this topic is even about smoking is not healthy and some people do not like it but it doesnt mean that they have to quit and stop just because you dont like it if you have asmah like i said there are plenty of places that do not allow smoking so go there or take your pump with you dont blame other poeple for your health problems i bet your a over wieght person with no life or if not then you a person who joggs every day and is a health freak which ever it does not matter smokers should get the same rights as every one eles!

oh and by the way making fun of other poeple's grammer is a noobish thing to do so maybe you need to be the one to grow up!

smoking is niether good or bad and it should be left to the choice of the owner of where ever you are and is you do not like it then go some where else!
Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

dxlwebs wrote:smoking is niether good or bad and it should be left to the choice of the owner of where ever you are and is you do not like it then go some where else!
Smoking is bad. Smoking kills. Talk to someone who has lung cancer from smoking and try telling them it isn't bad.

Return to “General Discussion”