Ferrari wins it all !

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
cavallino

Ferrari wins it all !

Post by cavallino » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:59 am

Yeah, we did it !! We won the 2007 F1 championship, for both constructor and individuals.
We won all, even without the need of the spy story... in this unbelievable troubled year!
Congratulations to the whole Ferrari team and Kimi for everything! :mrgreen:

And by the way... Thanks also to Hamilton (ironic) who lost this championship only by himself.
Last edited by cavallino on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicholas the Italian

Re: Ferrari wins it all !

Post by Nicholas the Italian » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:03 am

Until the appeal court rules out McLaren's plea, I wouldn't clebrate. :P
Whatever I say, it's not my fault.

cavallino

Post by cavallino » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:05 am

Nicholas the Italian wrote:Until the appeal court rules out McLaren's plea, I wouldn't clebrate. :P
If you're talking about the fuel.... the problem doesnt exist! It would be the really 1st case ever... and it won't happen :mrgreen:

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:09 am

Much as I would have liked to have seen Hamilton win, I don't think McLaren will go through with the appeal. I doubt Hamilton would want to win the title by being given the trophy in an office somewhere. McLaren will need every penny they have to pay off the FIA fine from earlier in the season so appealing this would be silly. Besides, I think they most the FIA would do is remove the constructors points for that race which wouldn't change anything anyway.

He'll get other chances. In reality, he lost it 2 weeks ago when he stayed out on worn tyres in China. If they'd played it safe he would have won yesterday.

Nice to see Kimi win it though. He's been the nearly man for a long time and outscored Hamilton by a big margin in the second half of the season.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:30 pm

T'was certainly interesting yesterday. I was actually looking on the BBC Sport page where they were suggesting how each driver could win the race. Looking at it Hamilton should've really taken the championship. I wouldn't say it was solely his fault, ok he did lose out against Alonso on Lap 1 (costing him further position loss), but he did have that big engine cut out, costing him 40 seconds did htey say?

Anyways, the appeal is all a bit pathetic, a bit of arubbish way to win the championship. Raikonnen is hte deserved champion. I think McClaren are to blame for Hamilton next year, but oh well we'll have a exciting championship next year, and the whole shabazz about where Alonso is gonna go off to (i doubt he'll stay on at McClaren).

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:57 pm

cavallino wrote:If you're talking about the fuel.... the problem doesnt exist! It would be the really 1st case ever...
There was a case about fuel in 1995 or so... they disqualified the team but not the drivers.
Also, I think yesterday's case was due to "special circumstances", i.e. temperature raising by 5 degrees in the last hour before race.
Nonetheless, rules are rules, and when they're broken you can expect everything. So, I'll keep waiting. Although I too find McLaren's final move a bit useless and sad. But seen how the whole season was, I didn't expect anything less (Ferrari would have done the same, BTW).

Yesterday, what a race.
Everything went against Hamilton: Massa blocking him at the start, he risking a collision with Alonso (Lewis' mistake? dunno), an unexplainable technical problem (!?! what was it?), and finally a suicidal 3-stop strategy decided by the team. Had one of these 4 things not happened... but well, it was just not his day. Better luck next year (maybe). :)

As for the rest...
I loved Lewis too. He has shown great things in his first season. Maybe he was even a lot lucky in the first 15 races (except Nurburgring)... had he had his share of misfortune (and of mistakes) earlier in the season, he wouldn't be so sorry for losing the championship at the last race. He also started making mistakes once put under serious pressure. He'll have other chances - I wait to see what he will be able to achieve.
Alonso... well, I understand the bad atmosphere inside the team, but he just didn't live up to expectations. As the world champion in charge both his performance and behavior were often unsatisfactory, to say the least (Montreal, Hungaroring anyone?).
So, it turns out there was basically one person losing both teams and drivers champioships: Ron Dennis.
At this point, the best driver and team were really Raikonnen and Ferrari. They had troubles and technical failures in the first part of the season, but pulled out the best when the game seemed over (and McLaren started doing harakiri).

Who will be in McLaren next year?
Whatever I say, it's not my fault.

Return to “General Discussion”