Signatures

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
wired076

Re: Signatures

Post by wired076 »

Drugs wrote:I continuously find myself checking people's signatures and clicking link upon link. I think it's a great way to expand your knowledge of the web.
I agree with you on that one.

It does come in handy esp. when you have been looking out for something for some time and then see what you were looking for from someone's signature.
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

wired076 wrote:
Drugs wrote:I continuously find myself checking people's signatures and clicking link upon link. I think it's a great way to expand your knowledge of the web.
I agree with you on that one.

It does come in handy esp. when you have been looking out for something for some time and then see what you were looking for from someone's signature.
Yup, most people visit their same sites day after day...while in reality millions of websites exist with a variety of content. So I like reading up on other peoples sites and what not.

Example, I read an entire page through a guy on here. RYO I think is what it's called(Roll Your Own) cigs that is... and I really found it interesting and read up on it.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
wired076

Post by wired076 »

Drugs, do you have a website of your own?? If so what is the url?
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Jim_UK wrote: I particularly like the ones where users are offering to mod folks boards and do custom work on sites but the user is there in the Support forums asking the most simple of questions.
Installing a MOD does not take a phpBB highly experienced member..
I can install any MOD yet i can't code much.
:D
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Offering private web hosting. Contact me for details.
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

Perhaps I should have emphasized the word "Custom" ;)

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!
wired076

Post by wired076 »

Yes perhaps it would have helped some.
god0fgod

Post by god0fgod »

I'm quite surprised that many people's website forums aren't very active from this board, including mine. :)
wired076

Post by wired076 »

I agree.

No one from this site has signed up on my forum but that may be because I haven't done much to it in a while as I have been working on a new design.
god0fgod

Post by god0fgod »

I don't mean that no one is registering from here. I'm saying that people's boards shown in signatures from here don't seem to be as active as I'd have thought.
Pond Life

Post by Pond Life »

There are loads of forums out there and a great many of them are either new or don't offer anything new to entice new users to join. Having your site in your signature here simply shows that you (probably) use phpBB for your forum. It's no guarantee that your board will be a success.
Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Tripp
Former Team Member

Post by Tripp »

Pond Life wrote:There are loads of forums out there and a great many of them are either new or don't offer anything new to entice new users to join. Having your site in your signature here simply shows that you (probably) use phpBB for your forum. It's no guarantee that your board will be a success.
Amen

Formerly Drugs
Stallyon
Name: Chris Bell

Post by Stallyon »

I got a PM from a moderator telling me they find my signature quite funny. It's good to know some people read signatures.
Attention: Spelling errors in this message are the product of a poor school system. Pay teachures more than athleets.
wired076

Post by wired076 »

If you have a phpBB board why isn;t the link in the sig for us to look at??
*Christian*
I've Been Banned!

Post by *Christian* »

To me, signatures reflect the personality of a user.

The use of user bars and quotations in signatures shows to me their interests, achievements and the kind of person they are. Some Signatures i stumble across are priceless, some are just plain boring.

:lol:
Proud owner of Bertie 3.0
:: No support via PM or IM ::
Tripp
Former Team Member

Post by Tripp »

*Christian* wrote:To me, signatures reflect the personality of a user.

The use of user bars and quotations in signatures shows to me their interests, achievements and the kind of person they are. Some Signatures i stumble across are priceless, some are just plain boring.

:lol:
Very true...
wired076 wrote:If you have a phpBB board why isn;t the link in the sig for us to look at??
Uh...could you have asked a more general question? :roll:

For one, you are limited to what you link to. I use phpBB but my board is warez and warez linking is not allowed here. That's my reason for not displaying my site's link.

Maybe some want to have a private forum.

Or maybe some people just don't bother with their profile. Unless I'm somewhat active on a forum/site, I don't bother filling in profile information.

And the list of reasons could go on....

Formerly Drugs

Return to “General Discussion”