Do you use paid forum posters? (Please let not any site)

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
LukiB

Re: Do you use paid forum posters? (Please let not any site)

Post by LukiB » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:14 am

Yeah...about the Anime stuff..

I love anime-forums, I really do..but there are so many of them. It became too general. I think it's also important WHAT aspect of anime you follow. For example, is your main group the 12+ or some other age? Which serie(s) are your business card?

I assume it's more worse in Asia than here in Europe.

I think the above is on-topic, but I'll explain again without a subject. There has to be something unique on your forum to draw visitors...not paying. Besides...it's like cheating in a videogame. You think you're cool, but in the end it becomes a rather dull game. ^^
phpBB.nl, for Dutch phpBB support. Dutch Service Team for installing forums and mods. There is also a Dutch mod translations database

Asian Guy
I've Been Banned!

Post by Asian Guy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:04 am

Yes there are many forum with similiarity or even have the same main subject on discussion, but having a unique skin will make you deferent, having unique law may help to make you deferent or having unique staff [ having certain peoples as your staff ] will also make your forum unique :P

About Anime, there are hundreds of Anime to discuss, the hottest Anime right now are Naruto that I'm sure currently makes tenth millions peoples ill. Anime not just for age 12+ or Teenager but there are certain Anime only for adults :|

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:05 pm

We are getting a bit off topic here guys.
Remember it is about whether to pay to post.
We already have a topic (long running) on how to attract new members.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

Crazy-S

Post by Crazy-S » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:28 pm

You would have to be really hard pressed to wanna pay someone to post a bunch of gibberish on your forum...

If your forum has good content and a niche then you will be fine in the end. It also comes down to how you run your forum as an admin. I would never even consider paying anyone to post on my forum, as now I get enough gibberish posts and I would certainly NOT pay someone to post it again LOL....

This just seems ridiculous to me to pay anyone to participate in a forum... I will say again have good content and they will come manage and run it in a professional manner and they will come, it just takes time and persistence...
Visit Crazy-Software.com for some great personalized gift making software!

Like Personalized candy Wrappers? Then visit Our Community

mtrs

Post by mtrs » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:10 am

Crazy-S wrote:You would have to be really hard pressed to wanna pay someone to post a bunch of gibberish on your forum..
What if someone pay money to an expert to reply topics? Such as a doctor posting in a health board, or a php coder posting in a relevant board..
I think, there is a distinction between low paid gibberish and real content although migth be attracted by means of real money or free ads.
Also, some boards imlicitly can pay to contributers by means of free advertisements by making users' name well-known etc.
I abandoned all of my mods.

Asian Guy
I've Been Banned!

Post by Asian Guy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:45 am

Well it will be hard to find someone who can make good quality posting especially if you paid and expect them to make a certain amount of posting to met their quota :|

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:21 pm

mtrs wrote:
Crazy-S wrote:What if someone pay money to an expert to reply topics? Such as a doctor posting in a health board, or a php coder posting in a relevant board..
That is an excellent example of where you might pay someone to post on your site and had not occurred to me. I was perhaps a bit narrow minded in that I was only linking it to the acquisition of new members and not a real service that they might provide.

One such site could be providing legal advice where the layman can only really guess at the best course for a user to take. It is possible to envisage a site with paid subscription offering professional advice on a number of matters.

Food for thought there. :idea:

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:34 pm

For the most part, I would NEVER pay someone to post on my board. As previously said, if your site can't attract members on it's on then you shouldn't have a website. I think the problem is everyone these days wants to be a "web master" and run a site and expect it to get big within a few months. Sadly, this is not the case.

But I would hire someone like a technical support person to help members solve computer/coding related problems or something along those lines.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs

Return to “General Discussion”