Quoted Where

All 3.2.x (Rhea) Extensions released in our Extensions Database will be announced in here. All support for released Extensions needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of Extensions. Any Extension support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each Extension.

A direct link to support for each Extension is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Quoted Where

Post by Extensions Robot »

Extension name: Quoted Where
Author: Ger
Extension description: Enables search option for where you were quoted and sanitize quote references for deleted users. Useful for GDPR compliance when a user requests removal.

Features:
  • Search where you have been quoted from Profile in the header navbar
  • Search where a user was quoted from ACP -> manage users
  • Build search index for existing posts, new posts are added on the fly
  • When changing a username from ACP, the username inside quote headings are updated as well
  • Option to replace references to this username in quote headings as well as post author name for users posts with "Guest" when deleting a user from ACP -> manage users (Useful for GDPR)
Notice:
For this extension to work properly, all posts on your board should have been parsed by the Textformatter that has been added in phpBB 3.2. If your board was started in phpBB 3.2 you have nothing to worry about. If you have come from another phpBB version or an entire other forum software package, your posts must have been reparsed with the Textreparser. This is a process that's usually executed without you having to worry about it.
I intend to write a more detailed documentation about this process later, until then I recommend you read this post as well as mine below that.

Once you've assured yourself that all posts are in 3.2 format, you can (re)build an index in "ACP" > "Maintenance" > "Quoted Where" and create a search index.

Requirements:
phpbb 3.2 parsed posts (see above)
DOMDocument and DOMXPath

Translations:
Dutch and English included.

If you like this extension and appreciate my work, you might want to buy me a coffee:
Extension version: 1.0.2
Tested on phpBB version: 3.2.2

Download file: ger-quotedwhere-102.zip
File size: 20.16 KiB

Extension overview page: View

Except where otherwise noted, the phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this extension. By installing this extension, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Extension support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: Quoted Where

Post by Paul »

Extension validated/released

Return to “[3.2.x] Extensions Database Releases”