3.2 vs 3.3 right now ??

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
BF79

3.2 vs 3.3 right now ??

Post by BF79 »

Hello

I want to start a new forum !! should I install 3.2 or 3.3
my question is also turn about extension 3.2 and 3.3 I dont know how long members will still create ext for 3.2 as now they more focused for 3.3 !!

thanks guys :)

P_I

Re: 3.2 vs 3.3 right now ??

Post by P_I »

Personally I would choose 3.2.9 solely for the reason that all the extensions I need are validated and work with phpBB 3.2.9. phpBB 3.3 breaks at least one due to viewtopic.php?f=661&t=2536701#incompatible_extension

Once the extensions I'm using are officially validated for phpBB 3.3, then I'll upgrade so that I can also take advantage of a more current PHP version and the performance gains that come with it.

My $0.02.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: 3.2 vs 3.3 right now ??

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if it is new I would definitely go for the latest version which is 3.3.0
most 3.2 extensions work with it now and those that don't will probably get updated soon.

and, 3.2 will hit end of life soon so why bother with it for a new board.

many people run phpbb just fine with no extensions at all so only install those that you actually need, when you actually need them.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Return to “phpBB Discussion”