Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
axl

Post by axl » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:21 am

uh hmm, another thanks from me. 8) 8)

woodley
I've Been Banned!

Post by woodley » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:22 pm

prince_of_oreon wrote:
woodley wrote:Sorry if I sound stupid for asking, but I wasn't here when AbelaJohnB frequented the forums. What exactly did he do, was he an admin?

Project Developer, Mod Author & Admin. You gotta be about a year old to remember him.

edit: / / I might add, it was a very dark day when he hung up his hat. Indeed I venture to say the sun did not rise on that drear excuse of a day. To be sure, every clouded day reminds me of it. It will never be the same. He and tehFinn are the greatest minds this project has ever known. That said, I shall quit eulogizing. Eulogizing doesn't bring em back.

May I ask why he left??

Draegonis
Former Team Member

Post by Draegonis » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:24 pm

Diagreements within the team. Anyhoo, this is a thank you topic. Not a history lesson. Back on topic please. Ta. :)

woodley
I've Been Banned!

Post by woodley » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:37 pm

Ok, sorry about that. Inquiring minds want to know... :wink:

woodley
I've Been Banned!

Post by woodley » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:50 pm

Anyway, I thank all the Moderators for doing the best job keeping the forums clean anyone could do. The developers for spending night after night working on the new version(s). You deserve to be rewarded for this work, it is amazing that you would work that hard for nothing at all, congratulations on that, guys. Naturally, I want to think theFinn for starting this, as I know this started out as somethng small and blossomed into what it is today, without your leadership skills, phpBB would be nowhere. Next, I want to thank the support team for the wonderful support they gave and still do give to phpBB. phpBB is a rapidly growing community, and it is amazing that this group is set out to help every user, that is a task like no other.

I thank the entire phpBB group for the wonderful job they do, whether it be developing it or just helping out someone with a problem in phpBB. you are and always have been the best Group of people around.

Next, I thank the entire phpBB Community, you're the ones who did and still do drive the community to what it has become.

thank you,

Woodley

TC
Former Team Member

Post by TC » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:57 pm

wow, i haven't hit this topic in quite some time. hemidol, i must say those are some nice comments. you've formed quite an opinion in 12 posts. ;)

it really hits the spot today though.

p_o_o, i had no idea you felt that way. i'm quite sure john is single, i'm sure he'd love to hear from you... :P
.:: 28:Ø6:42:12 ::.

Revo1

Post by Revo1 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:31 pm

Peace to all of the phpBB team, and thank you for helping me to learn php as well. I really appreciate it. And you're all ill cats for giving everyone the free power to have a message board with such great capability. My appreciation is endless. Thank you!
www.pxalive.com - web design at your service.

Hemidol

Post by Hemidol » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:57 pm

Techie-Micheal wrote:
Hemidol wrote:Techie-Micheal - You're probably one of the most smartest people I've seen. Your support is great, you've got some serious talent and I feel you know phpBB like the back of your hand.
If I weren't in a public place right now (I'm at a satellite campus for work), I'd cry right now. ^_^

And someone who's got a good deal of humor to him as well, that's what makes you guys the best!
TC wrote: wow, i haven't hit this topic in quite some time. hemidol, i must say those are some nice comments. you've formed quite an opinion in 12 posts. :wink:

it really hits the spot today though.

p_o_o, i had no idea you felt that way. i'm quite sure john is single, i'm sure he'd love to hear from you... :P

Please to see you enjoyed reading over my post, TC.
I know, I don't really post hear much, but I'm always reading over the threads here, and that's what lead to me forming my opinions on you team & the members of the phpBB community, anyways like I've said, you're all excellant people! :D

prince_of_oreon

Post by prince_of_oreon » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:13 am

TC wrote: p_o_o, i had no idea you felt that way. i'm quite sure john is single, i'm sure he'd love to hear from you... :P

bah. I said he was the greatest mind, no more.

RDC

Post by RDC » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:48 am

just this:

Thank You ALL

woodley
I've Been Banned!

Post by woodley » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:17 am

I would also like to add a thanks to the MOD-Author Ptirhiik. He did a wonderful jobs with the many MODS he made. Thanks!

lightdarkness

Post by lightdarkness » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:58 pm

wGEric, THANK YOU FOR VALIDATING MY MOD!

thx.

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:07 am

lightdarkness wrote: wGEric, THANK YOU FOR VALIDATING MY MOD!

thx.

Your welcome.
Eric

lightdarkness

Post by lightdarkness » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:45 am

wow, didn't expect a response that quickly ;)

had to fix it though :( didn't realize there was a code change from 2.0.8a to 2.0.10 that involved it, oh well...
Last edited by lightdarkness on Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

woodley
I've Been Banned!

Post by woodley » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:51 am

On the note of verifying things, I'd like to thank whoever verified my first Knowledge Base Article! :wink:

Return to “phpBB Discussion”