Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Jaxo79
Name: Jack

Congratulations !!!

Post by Jaxo79 »

Just wanted to say well done to all the team who worked on phpBB 3.1 .. Currently setting up a new forum with it and everything is a breeze !

I have used phpBB in the past but my current forum has been using vbulletin for the past 4 years. I have had nothing but problems with it and have been hacked several times. Setting up my new site with phpBB 3.1.3 has been brilliant.. The simplicity of the admin panel has been beyond belief after all this time using vbulletin which has so many useless admin setting...

Don`t usually post posts like this, but I`m happy to be back using phpBB :D
Korkel
Name: Liz Aalderink

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by Korkel »

I want thanks Darcie for what she did for me. :mrgreen:
"If you lose your left arm, your right arm will be left."
“The most important property of a program is whether it accomplishes the intention of its user.”
LinkSearching
Name: Link Searching

Post by LinkSearching »

Cheers Buddy for giving that kind of opportunity . :D
aduh
Name: Hans'

Post by aduh »

Thank you all phpBB team for your great work!
forkless

Post by forkless »

I've always had a love/hate relationship with phpBB up until the 3.0 series. However, when I learned about the new extension approach some time ago it turned into a massive (one-sided :lol: ) love fest for me. Hadn't even tried it by then, but one could see the promise of it.

Having made the switch last month I can say it has lived well up to expectation and then some! The time I'm gonna save doing various upgrading, maintenance and troubleshooting "shit" is going to be considerable.

So here I am to say Thank You to the phpBB team, every single one of you.

Well done, well done indeed.
Wraithslayer

Old Timer revisits PHPBB

Post by Wraithslayer »

Short and sweet, I've been around boards since before most of the popular ones we have now existed. I remember PHPBB back in the day, it's come a long way and is truely impressive.

To all involved, well done indeed. Keep up the great work.
codingbasics
Name: Coding Basics

Post by codingbasics »

A big thank you to the phpBB team for all the hard work and effort they've put in over the years.
Weird Sis

Post by Weird Sis »

Thanks to all of you making phpBB possible. The team and community. ;)
pareek_pooja

Post by pareek_pooja »

Thanks to everyone of phpbb team member. Phpbb is really a great forum with broad features. Everything is manageable from admin, its rare to do custom work for some functionality.

Keep it up :)

Cheer up and move ahead with lots more features in future.
Keico

Very Happy to be here

Post by Keico »

Ok I am new to phpBB

But I live in Flagler County Florida, and started a message board for the members of this county.

Currently using the prosilver and web address is <link removed>

Really just looking for suggestions as far protecting the websites and also any highly recommended enhancements

Looking to make friends and learn alot as I really want this to be successful

The previous message board had 124,000 members.

I am hoping to get a lot of members also.
Last edited by darcie on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to remove link
AudreyW
Name: Audrey Wright

Post by AudreyW »

I work for a small web design and development company. From the whole team, I want to say a big thanks for everything phpBB is. I know it took hard work and sacrifice, so there's our pat on the back !
Swen

Post by Swen »

Thank you very much for your hard work and make a better world. I play in my mind with other boards, but now i don't need. It's pretty cool, extensions are coming more and more. Easy to install that is what i like!

Big thanks from my crew also!
Regards Swen
bl4ze

Thanks Developers of phpbb

Post by bl4ze »

Hi

I just wanted to thank all the developers for such great work, I have had issues in the past with other forums.. spammers etc with phpbb i've had a few but fixed them very quickly and easily, i've managed to fully customise my forum and themes!

If you want to see it and i'm allowed to post the link I will, ps the footer will never be removed. thanks again!

:)

Bl4ze
BIABrewer

phpBB 3.1 Many Thanks. Who Can/Should We Donate To?

Post by BIABrewer »

First post here. I'm not one for joining forums but really wanted to post the following...

A mate of mine hosts my forum (biabrewer.info) and until a few days ago, I had to ask him to do any backend changes as, whilst I don't think I am a computer dunce, compared to the type of people posting here, and my mate, I haven't even reached kindergarten :).

Three days ago, I managed to install phpBB 3.1 on our test site pretty much all on my own. To most of you, that might seem like nothing but to me, it is amazing. (If you look at my current site, the green one, you'll see why I am so excited!) I have added over 30 incredible extensions on the test site and for the first time I feel as though I can administer it without bothering others too much.

I have done a lot of reading and scouring of this forum and a few things worry me. The first is that some people ask questions here and many of you patiently answer them but don't even get an acknowledgement. I can't believe how many incredible extensions I have found but most posts in the discussion area seem to be from users just demanding more from those who have already so freely given. I don't get this. (On my forum we consciously have created a culture of respect which is fantastic but even there we sometimes get those demanding posts and it is a small percentage who actually chip in.)

My problem is that I would like to chip in here but am unsure as to how to go about it. I'm happy to chip in $200 immediately but do I donate it to this board or to some people that have made some amazing extensions?

The answer might be obvious to some but it is not obvious to me, someone who is very willing to donate a few hundred dollars even though this is about a year's Google income from my site :)).

Maybe a mod is needed so that a central donation point can be offered and a percentage of the donations given get distributed on to those who contribute most?

I really hope some answers are given here as 3.1 is a massive improvement. It has actually become an asset rather than a liability for people like me.

Many thanks,
Pat
Last edited by darcie on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Re: phpBB 3.1 Many Thanks. Who Can/Should We Donate To?

Post by darcie »

BIABrewer wrote:First post here. I'm not one for joining forums but really wanted to post the following...
<snip>
Thanks for your kind words, Pat! That's all we need. :D
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader

Return to “phpBB Discussion”