Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
JohnMiller92
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:07 am

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by JohnMiller92 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:18 am

Great to see phpBB still going solid after all these years. My lord time flies fast!

kamyk25
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 12:27 am

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by kamyk25 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:16 pm

Thank You for Your nice script and many upgrades! Im in from 3.0.12 now in 3.22 we have many nice changes. :)

User avatar
Wes of StarArmy
Registered User
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:59 am
Location: StarArmy.com
Contact:

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by Wes of StarArmy » Thu May 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Just saw CLI support was added with 3.2, so a huge thanks for that!

User avatar
Elias
Registered User
Posts: 4614
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Location: In the Water!
Name: Elias
Contact:

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by Elias » Thu May 24, 2018 6:11 pm

JohnMiller92 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:18 am
Great to see phpBB still going solid after all these years. My lord time flies fast!
Time flies, seriously!
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

NewToPHPBoards
Registered User
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Thank you

Post by NewToPHPBoards » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:10 am

Dear community and support team,

As this forum is closing in a few days I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for the help and guidance provided for my version of phpbb over the past 2 years.

Sadly I won't be upgrading. Upgrades come too fast, whilst the extensions and language pack support I selected with my original version, come too slow. This model meant I could not keep up to date with the releases and the gap has become too vast. Unfortunately a number of useful extension I have installed stopped the life cycle with 3.1.x.

I will continue hosting the board with my 3.1.x version but realise I can no longer ask for support.

I wish you all the best and again thank you for the help over the past few years :D

Best

Martyn

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 65016
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:38 pm

this forum is not closing. the only thing closing is going to be support forum for phpbb 3.1

as to upgrading, if you are using 3.1 many, if not most, of the extensions will work with 3.2 or have been upgraded to do so.
the styles won't work but most of the 3.1 styles have been upgraded to 3.2

not sure what problems you have with upgrading but it is really very simple.
you delete all the old files except for the folders listed in the instructions and the config.php file.
then you upload all new files/folders except for the config.php file .
then you run the install folder and do the database update only
you are done.


robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

User avatar
JLA
Registered User
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:23 pm
Location: USA
Name: JLA FORUMS
Contact:

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by JLA » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:38 pm
this forum is not closing. the only thing closing is going to be support forum for phpbb 3.1

as to upgrading, if you are using 3.1 many, if not most, of the extensions will work with 3.2 or have been upgraded to do so.
the styles won't work but most of the 3.1 styles have been upgraded to 3.2

not sure what problems you have with upgrading but it is really very simple.
you delete all the old files except for the folders listed in the instructions and the config.php file.
then you upload all new files/folders except for the config.php file .
then you run the install folder and do the database update only
you are done.


robert
Thank goodness. Was wondering about that last statement. It would also be nice to see the PHPBB2 section opened up for those of us that are still chugging along. I think we are probably one of the largest left at this point. Oh - and thank you!!!

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 65016
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:44 pm

if you need help with phpbb2 you can go here:
https://phpbb2refugees.com

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

User avatar
JLA
Registered User
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:23 pm
Location: USA
Name: JLA FORUMS
Contact:

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by JLA » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:44 pm
if you need help with phpbb2 you can go here:
https://phpbb2refugees.com

robert
Thanks - been participating there for a number of years now.

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 65016
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:10 am

JLA wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 pm
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:44 pm
if you need help with phpbb2 you can go here:
https://phpbb2refugees.com

robert
Thanks - been participating there for a number of years now.
yep, I realized that after I made that reply.


robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

User avatar
JLA
Registered User
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:23 pm
Location: USA
Name: JLA FORUMS
Contact:

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by JLA » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:10 am
JLA wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 pm
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:44 pm
if you need help with phpbb2 you can go here:
https://phpbb2refugees.com

robert
Thanks - been participating there for a number of years now.
yep, I realized that after I made that reply.


robert
Wonder just how many large active PHPBB2 installation are still out there. Has anyone at PHPBB looked at the current phone home stats for PHPBB2 installations?

garydevitt
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:26 am

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Post by garydevitt » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:32 am

:D

Post Reply

Return to “phpBB Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sakm and 33 guests