Feature requests?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
dinar

Re: Feature requests?

Post by dinar »

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests.
does "requests" include "ideas for phpbb", "suggestions" and "improvements"?
it is being understood as includes them i think.
this maybe looks like "we do not need any ideas or suggestions from you, we can make this and know that ideas without your suggestions and we own copyright and we are authors and we do not want that somebody thinks 'their community gives them very big support and help' and also because we earn money with this."
this i think [looks] unfriendly enough. (i mean forbidding "feature requests").
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Post by Phil »

Feature requests aren't currently accepted for 3.0 as it is feature frozen. As has been pointed out before, you can submit things to the 3.2 feature tracker on SourceForge, but it is encouraged to open a thread here and get community consensus that it is indeed something worth requesting before doing so. Ultimately, however, it is up to the phpBB Teams (I've no way of knowing, but I assume more than the Development Team is behind the decisions) as to whether or not a feature is included.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
dinar

Post by dinar »

unfriendly enough a little

please give link to sourceforge, i am going to it and will search phpbb in it or even quicker : sourceforge phpbb in google and next time i come here i'll post here the link.
dinar

Post by dinar »

Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil »

Again, note that the Development Team has suggested that features be debated on this board before they are submitted to the tracker.
dinar

Post by dinar »

... note that the Development Team has suggested that features be debated on this board ...
where they suggested? they forbidded. on this board and also on that area51.
Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil »

From earlier in the topic:
Kellanved wrote:Out of experience, discussing features and their merit here or at area51 works better than using an obscure tracker - if your feature has a point, is feasible and gets approval from the community, then an adoption into the core is entirely possible.
This board isn't for requesting features, but it can be used to discuss/debate potential ideas.
Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Kellanved wrote:In general, no feature requests are accepted for 3.0. For 3.2 there is a feature tracker on sourceforge. Please only use the sourceforge tracker for requests that already got a nod of approval :D .

Out of experience, discussing features and their merit here or at area51 works better than using an obscure tracker - if your feature has a point, is feasible and gets approval from the community, then an adoption into the core is entirely possible. The team is part of this community after all :mrgreen:
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN
dinar

Post by dinar »

but only in mods forum.

i see your replies.
what is stronger? some a kellanved(i'm sorry if this is not correct/polite, i do not know english so good) wrote in a topic or there in forum's description with bold text: "Do not post ... feature requests."
dinar

Post by dinar »

but i have just seen, there is written "Development Team Member".
Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil »

Yes, again, this forum is not for requesting features. As Kellanved said, however, discussing them is another matter.
dinar

Post by dinar »

As Kellanved said, however, discussing them is another matter.
if so it is not understandable i think. because if i cannot even start a topic about a new feature haw can i discuss it. only as offtopic.
Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil »

The way I understand, you cannot start a topic like
Please add the thingamajig to phpBB! I really need it!
but something like
I was thinking, and was wondering what you guys think about possibly including a thingamajig in phpBB 3.2. Personally, I think it'd help us more easily do xyz, but I can see a few drawbacks to it. Thoughts?
would be alright.
dinar

Post by dinar »

the forum is called "3.0.x Discussion".
they said that 3.0.x. is feature frozen. they should write that also in the forum description because other way it is not understandable to board visitor that 3.0.x is frozen. it has "x" that is being understood as feature versions.
and a new forum for suggestions/ideas/wishes discussions/requests should be opened then, or as "3.x discussion".
dinar

Post by dinar »

i said
"because if i cannot even start a topic about a new feature haw can i discuss it. only as offtopic."
related to
"Do not post ... feature requests."
because
"to post feature request" means here "to start/post a new topic with/about a feature request". because "post" was being used as term to mean post new topic and "reply" to post reply.. some time ago as i know...
(but if it means also replies it is even stronger forbidding.)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”