Google's not indexing my website

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
nano351

Google's not indexing my website

Post by nano351 »

Google's web crawler crawls my website several times a day and reports no errors. But it has only indexed my index page of my website. Any ideas of why google might not be indexing pages?
reptileguy

Re: Google's not indexing my website

Post by reptileguy »

This will help:
Open overall_header.html
Find

Code: Select all

<head>
and after that add:

<meta name="googlebot" content="index,follow">
And of course, if you see this tag:

<meta name="googlebot" content="index,nofollow">
or:

<meta name="robots" content="index,nofollow">
then remove the 'no' ;)
nano351

Post by nano351 »

well actually recently google added a large ammount of pages to its index randomly. Thanks for the tip though.
vbKurt

Post by vbKurt »

I know this is an old post, but I just saw it and thought this would help others as well, but by adding this to your index.html page, it should get the job done, it works on mine. Add both tags within the <Head>of your index page </head>

<meta name="robots" content="ALL">
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow">
Last edited by vbKurt on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sam
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Thompson

Post by Sam »

Google stalked a site of mine for more than a week, then slowly pages started to show up when searched "site:mysite.com" Google will get to it, don't worry. :)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

phpbb needs no help to get the pages indexed. you just need to be a little patient.
( there's a joke in there somewhere ).
anyway, this site has done nothing and every single post is indexed within hours.

granted, this board has been around a long time and has tons of content so it happens really fast.

so, when you get tons of content and have been around a long time, your posts will get indexed withou hours.

until then, be patient.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

nano351 wrote:Google's web crawler crawls my website several times a day and reports no errors. But it has only indexed my index page of my website. Any ideas of why google might not be indexing pages?
Googlebot can be at a lot of places at once, but not everywhere at once. There are only so many hours in a day. Therefore, Googlebot has to prioritize sites based on relative importance and popularity. Sites which Googlebot deems more important get the higher priority and are thus crawled more often and appear more quickly in Google's index.

How is importance and popularity determined? There are at least two methods which Google employs: age of site and number of links to the site. If your site has a lot of links in to it from outside sites, then Google will give your site higher priority. Similarly, if your site has been around for several years, then that also warrants higher priority.

My site doesn't have tons of in-bound links but has been online for nearly 6 years, so Googlebot is always crawling my site. phpBB (this site) on the other hand, has been online for nearly a decade, has tons of in-bound links (the Powered by credit) and as such ranks as a far higher priority site.
Moof!
Mac GUI Vault: Retro Apple II & Macintosh computing archive.
Inside Allerton bookMac GUIMac 512K Blog

Return to “phpBB Discussion”