phpBB3 seo - link move error in google

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Acemprol

Re: phpBB3 seo - link move error in google

Post by Acemprol » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:16 pm

In my opinion if the phpbb whether to devote more pagerank was not with forum pagerank 4
My site -> www.acemprol.com

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:52 am

Kellanved wrote:I don't know how often you move topics that are relevantly linked from the outside. I would not expect it to have a significant impact,
Again lots of factors in what constitutes a relevant page but age is one of them. For example I have one product that is widely discussed on my forum so the name comes up very frequently in page titles, content etc. One page was indexed back around 2005 or so and this page has consistently remained in the top results for that specific term. It has slowly moved up through the years. Only thing that has changed is overall site juice and age. Right now its only beat by one competing site and the products homepage.

If the URL disappears its possible another from my site will fill its slot or at least show up somewhere near the top. I'm not going to remove it to find out though. :P A 301 redirect *should* maintain that continuity. I just moved my entire forum to a new a domain redirecting without any issues. All pages maintained there current placement or improved slightly.

Techie-Micheal wrote:Also, I'm quite sure Google et al know that bulletin boards are quite fluid and probably take that in to consideration.
I've often wondered if major software like phpbb, Wordpress etc. is identified by bots. I mean specifically like they determine that it's a phpbb forum and adjust accordingly. For example when this site switched to using phpbb3 the descriptions were bad, often listing users, post counts etc. They are not that bad now. The conclusion would be the search results were adjusted for the software.

Acemprol

Post by Acemprol » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:25 pm

Accesses google webmaster, add your site and expects the number of links appear duplicates

https://www.google.com/accounts/Service ... R&hl=pt-BR

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:02 pm

Acemprol wrote:Accesses google webmaster, add your site and expects the number of links appear duplicates

https://www.google.com/accounts/Service ... R&hl=pt-BR
and that really doesn't matter.

as was stated back at the top of this topic, all of this has been discussed before and the consensus has been that it just doesn't make that much difference.

If you spend as much time getting relevant inbound links to your board as you do about this, you would have a much better page rank.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Acemprol

Post by Acemprol » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:05 am

Links duplicates in google webmaster
links-duplicates.jpg
links-duplicates.jpg (208.82 KiB) Viewed 351 times

Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:08 am

Acemprol wrote:Links duplicates in google webmaster
Nobody said they didn’t believe you. Really, what difference does it make? ... Lumpy already answered that.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

Pezzoni

Post by Pezzoni » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:09 am

I think you should repeat yourself a few more times, thus ensuring everyone will agree and the developers will immediately change this functionality in phpBB (despite the fact it is in place for a very good reason).

Return to “phpBB Discussion”