Discuss: New Modifications Team Leader

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
statm
Name: Matt

Re: Discuss: New Modifications Team Leader

Post by statm »

Congrats, Eric. Thanks for your service over the years..

Also, congrats to Igor.. I know you will bring alot to the mod team. You deserve it!
suitlocal

Post by suitlocal »

I've been aware of the MOD Team and wGEric's contributions as the leader of that team for sometime, and so when I say congratulations, I really mean it. Under your tenure, as I understand it, the validation time fell from many months to about a week (or so I've been told by friends who've experienced it). phpbb.com got a new Modifications Database, MODX was born, and the documentation was substantially improved, among other things. Any one of those things would have earned you my respect, but you presided over all those things.

I suppose wGEric isn't due all the credit, though - certainly those who he supervised are due some, as well. I'd name each and every one of them listed on the About page, but that would be a disservice to those whose names aren't mentioned there - to those who gave the MOD Team their all and who have since left. So here's to all MOD Team members, past and present, who served under wGEric's reign. Thank you.

To eviL<3: You have a tough act to follow, but if wGEric was as diligent in his selection of you as he was during the three and a half years he led the MOD Team, you have nothing at all to worry about. Good luck.
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

wGEric wrote:Thanks everyone! It's weird not seeing my name in purple. Hehe. Black/dark gray is just too weird.
Yes it is strange, everytime I go what is there an other wGEric :shock:. Although I don't have that problem with dhn :? probably because his blue wasn't such an eye catcher.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Well the new titles seem to be abundant.... ChrisRLG -->> Image -->> Business Manager? You've got some splaining to do.... :P
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

bonelifer wrote:Well the new titles seem to be abundant.... ChrisRLG -->> Image -->> Business Manager? You've got some splaining to do.... :P
All in good time...
Chris SmithGitHub
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

ToonArmy wrote:
bonelifer wrote:Well the new titles seem to be abundant.... ChrisRLG -->> Image -->> Business Manager? You've got some splaining to do.... :P
All in good time...
Yeah they first have to spend all their time creating those (really nice) badges :P.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

Yes a nice new badge. I will miss the Blue one.

But don't get any ideas - the moderator team still want me to do moderating, along with extra duties (to be explained at a later time).

So if you are out of line, I still have the ban hammer. :lol:
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
MartectX
Translator

Post by MartectX »

Jehova!
A_O_C

Post by A_O_C »

ChrisRLG wrote:So if you are out of line, I still have the ban hammer. :lol:
if your going to use the term, at least get it right. its a BAN STICK... :roll: :lol:
insomnia1988

Post by insomnia1988 »

Congregation !!
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

We prefer a hammer - it hurts more :twisted:
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

Let's see: "business", "operations".... phpBB is going to cost us our monies!!! :o
Moof!
Mac GUI Vault: Retro Apple II & Macintosh computing archive.
Inside Allerton bookMac GUIMac 512K Blog
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

Dog Cow wrote:Let's see: "business", "operations".... phpBB is going to cost us our monies!!! :o
Not while I am on the team. It is a GPL open source project with free software and remain so, or I leave.

So no, that is not on the cards in any way.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

Dog Cow wrote:Let's see: "business", "operations".... phpBB is going to cost us our monies!!! :o
That's not the direction things are going at all. Over the years there have been various issues with copyright infringement and other issues that can be better handled with a formal structure in place. phpBB is not going to a "for pay" model.
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

drathbun wrote:
That's not the direction things are going at all. Over the years there have been various issues with copyright infringement and other issues that can be better handled with a formal structure in place. phpBB is not going to a "for pay" model.
I know that. I was just joking. :lol:
Moof!
Mac GUI Vault: Retro Apple II & Macintosh computing archive.
Inside Allerton bookMac GUIMac 512K Blog

Return to “phpBB Discussion”