jquery and phpbb ?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Re: jquery and phpbb ?

Post by Kellanved »

The current roadmap sees jQuery for 3.1. I"ll post about the exact plans and architectural additions (jquery, hooks, UI improvements, more plugins) for 3.1 as soon as they are finalized, hopefully within the next few weeks. However, real life is interfering heavily at the moment, so take that with a grain of salt :)
Nocando is in Idontwanna county. No support via PM
vellatechie

Post by vellatechie »

Itl be just great if there is a quick reply using which ppl can post without refreshing or edit function which works without having to go to another page.. Itl certainly add OMGGG THIS IS UBER factor.. but apart from this there isnt any solid reason why we have to mess with AJAX or JQUERY for phpBB :roll:
AdamR
Former Team Member
Name: Adam Reyher

Post by AdamR »

vellatechie wrote:Itl be just great if there is a quick reply using which ppl can post without refreshing or edit function which works without having to go to another page.. Itl certainly add OMGGG THIS IS UBER factor.. but apart from this there isnt any solid reason why we have to mess with AJAX or JQUERY for phpBB :roll:
There are many uses. Posting is one example, the MCP, and to some degree the ACP. I'd love to be able update options in the ACP without even leaving the page.

From a style designer's standpoint, jQuery built right in with backend support gives them the power to do some really cool stuff.

- Adam
phpBB Support: Welcome | Userguide | Knowledge Base | Search
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
ameeck
Former Team Member

Post by ameeck »

vellatechie wrote:Itl be just great if there is a quick reply using which ppl can post without refreshing or edit function which works without having to go to another page.. Itl certainly add OMGGG THIS IS UBER factor.. but apart from this there isnt any solid reason why we have to mess with AJAX or JQUERY for phpBB :roll:
I'll give you the pros, you give me the cons :)
  • Faster interface reactions
  • Improved usabilty
  • Less bandwidth and server usage
  • Simple manipulation with page content
  • Easy to failover to a normal page request

Return to “phpBB Discussion”