I am writing this to garner response from the rest of you as to whether the W3C validation is actually even worth it anymore?
I mean, we can spend hours, days and weeks fixing "problems" in our templates and websites - by "problems", I mean problems for the W3C validation tool.
And what is it for? To satisfy a website and our inner geekiness.
Our users see no benefit whatsoever in my opinion.
Surely those hours, days and weeks would be much better spent providing new and exciting content for our end users?
Why should I waste my time with W3C validation when the big boys don't?
- Result: 62 Errors, 8 warning(s)
- Result: 1331 Errors, 105 warning(s)
- Result: 67 Errors, 333 warning(s)
- Result: 1436 Errors, 130 warning(s)
- Result: 18 Errors, 6 warning(s)
- Result: 80 Errors, 30 warning(s)
- Result: 34 Errors, 30 warning(s)
So seriously, if these amazingly popular sites aren't validating - how will me spending all of my time making my site valid make it more successful?
I am beginning to think that validation is something only geeks with too much time and not enough web visitors can claim they "have" LOL.