[Discuss] phpBB 3.0.4 released

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: [Discuss] phpBB 3.0.4 released

Post by Phil »

iWisdom wrote:If you are in need of support, please post in the support forum. This topic is for discussion of the release only.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
Monte82

Post by Monte82 »

Has anyone installed this with pro_silver_se theme?

Monte
panhead

Post by panhead »

I have three custom profile fields, of which two required, but after the upgrade they are not visible anymore at the registration screen. --> moved
Last edited by panhead on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

iWisdom wrote:
iWisdom wrote:If you are in need of support, please post in the support forum. This topic is for discussion of the release only.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
ssnobben

Post by ssnobben »

casper™ wrote:my last update version was a totally desaster, i deleted all MODs that i've installed at my forum..

i used, Download automatic update package, now i'm affraid to install again with that way..

so advice me and tell me, whats the best package to upgrade for the new version without messing all installed MODs??.. :?
There should be like Joomla world. You just update the core package with a simple click. The update takes 20 seconds and not affect any of the other extra components, plugins and mods you have. This version 2.0 is commercial but the 1.4 is free working well at extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,6259/Itemid,35
Last edited by primedomain on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: link edited due to commercial nature of the linked extension
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Just updated 6 test boards (having various mods) with the updater and everything worked perfectly. Thanks for making it easy.

For people who don't know their way around diffs, it would be helpful if someone posted a simple how to guide on how to interpret the conflict report that the updater gives you and what to do about the warnings, particularly since looking at the side by side comparison is confusing to the average user. I apologize if this was posted somewhere and I just didn't see it.
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

A_O_C wrote:it makes sense, but i (personally) like having the convenience of the newtopic / postreply buttons if i am logged out. reminds me to login. :lol:

you guys are the developers, though...
Mike.XIII wrote:I like the guests to see the buttons so registered users can login and immediately post to the area they were viewing, rather than having to login and get sent to the index page.
It only removes the button if you are unauthorised to send PMs (don't have the correct permission), you must be logged into send PMs. ;)
Chris SmithGitHub
tommekemc

Post by tommekemc »

install worked well, but I have a problem with the time display now.:
It is currently Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:29 pm | Last visit was: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:07 pm