I've just bought a rocket theme membership for phpBB3

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
MGadAllah
Name: Mohamed GadAllah

I've just bought a rocket theme membership for phpBB3

Post by MGadAllah »

Hi
I've just bought a membership for Rocket Theme for phpBB3 and really amazing styles.
Especially that I am using Joomla also ;)
What do you think about them guys?
Would you like to know more about ISLAM ?
MGadAllah

Re: I've just bought a rocket theme membership for phpBB3

Post by MGadAllah »

Am I the only one who did such a thing :? :lol:
damsprivate

Post by damsprivate »

i think soo :) there is much more then that. XD. anyway is there more site selling theme of phpbb?
binus university 2009 .
"did u know that 17 august ( when i join this forum ) is at Indonesia independence day ? "
cally6008

Post by cally6008 »

I was over there earlier looking at Joomla stuff as well but no way would I pay $50 for 60days membership
MGadAllah

Post by MGadAllah »

cally6008 wrote:I was over there earlier looking at Joomla stuff as well but no way would I pay $50 for 60days membership
Sometimes I do regret the money I've paid over there but there is nothing to compare to have the same style for Joomla and phpBB and also the bridge for 1 log in.
damsprivate wrote:i think soo :) there is much more then that. XD. anyway is there more site selling theme of phpbb?
If you know of any please tell :D.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

finding compatible themes/styles is not that hard and there are plenty of them free,

the bridge is another thing, I have not found any that are good and free yet.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
MGadAllah

Post by MGadAllah »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:finding compatible themes/styles is not that hard and there are plenty of them free,
Is it for Joomla and phpBB3?
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:the bridge is another thing, I have not found any that are good and free yet.

robert
The rocket werx is really good so far :D
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

MGadAllah wrote:...
I thought they were kind of rough around the edges: menus messed up in FireFox, illegible color choices. Seems like they've been fixing them little by little, though.

I also believe they are playing fast and loose with the GPL and I could never support that with my money.
Eelke
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke »

Because you believe their themes should be covered by the GPL as well, because the product the themes are intended for are GPL? Don't know about the legalities, but I don't see anything wrong with someone asking money for their hard work.
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:the bridge is another thing, I have not found any that are good and free yet.
Although I don't know if you meant that, people might get the impression that you need a Rockettheme membership to get the Rokbridge. You don't, it is actually freely available under the GPL. For the basics, that works pretty well, although it doesn't allow you to mix your board with Joomla stuff like themes and modules. You get user- and session integration (which basically constitutes single-sign-on for Joomla and phpBB).
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

Eelke wrote:... but I don't see anything wrong with someone asking money for their hard work. ...
As a general idea, asking money for hard work is fine with me too, especially if it doesn't violate somebody else's license agreement.
Eelke
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke »

Rocketwerx are valued members of the Joomla community, so I believe they will have the legalities sorted out. IIRC, templates/themes/styles are regarded as separate products and therefore are not "infected" by the GPL that is on Joomla or phpBB.
MGadAllah

Post by MGadAllah »

Just want to tell my opinion and why I've paid the money and really do not regret it at all:

I've been looking around and playing with themes and keep editing and asking for help here and at other different places and really was not able to do what I want,

So after a lot of waiting and working and reinstalling my website several times I've finally found something do what I was looking for exactly:

- One theme for the whole website.
- One global log in (you can get this option for free).
- Some menus from the phpBB3 available in Joomla, and vice versa.
- An amazing support.

So for me after my experience with everything I do like it a lot and support it a lot,

But sure I do understand that almost all people won't pay anything for some add-on (what so ever it was) for a free product.

Finally wish me good luck to finish my website after all the money I've paid :D.

That is for my opinion :).
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

MGadAllah wrote:Hi
I've just bought a membership for Rocket Theme for phpBB3 and really amazing styles.
Especially that I am using Joomla also ;)
What's this? You spent money on something for phpBB!! Perish the thought! :shock:
Moof!
Mac GUI Vault: Retro Apple II & Macintosh computing archive.
Inside Allerton bookMac GUIMac 512K Blog
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

Eelke wrote: Rocketwerx are valued members of the Joomla community, so I believe they will have the legalities sorted out.
Hm... I thought everybody was the subject to the same license agreement, regardless of their value to this or that community.
Eelke wrote: IIRC, templates/themes/styles are regarded as separate products and therefore are not "infected" by the GPL that is on Joomla or phpBB.
What's IIRC?

Templates/themes/styles are integral to either solution - Joomla or phpbb. They are relying on the GPL-protected core for its functionality and, likewise, the core is useless without templates/themes/styles. They are truly inseparable, although templates/themes/styles are interchangeable. Especially with introduction of template variables in phpbb, I fail to understand how anyone can claim separateness of styles. So this begs a question: who exactly are those people regarding templates/themes/styles as separate products? Do they have any financial incentive to think so?
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

They can quite easily charge for the images if they are not based on our GPLd ones.
Chris SmithGitHub

Return to “phpBB Discussion”