I've just bought a rocket theme membership for phpBB3

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
jaunty_mellifluous
Name: Asad Kay

Re: I've just bought a rocket theme membership for phpBB3

Post by jaunty_mellifluous » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:54 pm

MGadAllah wrote:
cally6008 wrote:I was over there earlier looking at Joomla stuff as well but no way would I pay $50 for 60days membership
Sometimes I do regret the money I've paid over there but there is nothing to compare to have the same style for Joomla and phpBB and also the bridge for 1 log in.
damsprivate wrote:i think soo :) there is much more then that. XD. anyway is there more site selling theme of phpbb?
If you know of any please tell :D.
It's not so hard to do yourself. I can easily make the same theme style for both Joomla and phpBB.
Stay Cool!

MGadAllah
Name: Mohamed GadAllah

Post by MGadAllah » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:10 am

With the coming official bridge for Drupal and phpBB3 and themes for both of them from Rocket themes I guess it could be killer website.
Would you like to know more about ISLAM ?

Sierron
Name: Artur

Post by Sierron » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:20 am

phpBB.com also is working on bridges. So what is the big deal about?
Multilanguage TimeSplitters Site

If you need support, I suggest you to use the Support Request Template for your questions on this board. If you have some serious problems, the Support Toolkit can fix it (depends on the problem).

MGadAllah

Post by MGadAllah » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:43 am

Hello Sierron, I am still remember your username from area51.
Sierron wrote:phpBB.com also is working on bridges.
Yes phpbBB team working on an oficial bridge for both of Drupal and phpBB3.
Sierron wrote:So what is the big deal about?
About what?

Eelke
QA Team
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:04 am

MGadAllah wrote:With the coming official bridge for Drupal and phpBB3 and themes for both of them from Rocket themes I guess it could be killer website.
Do you have a link where I can find more information about this official Drupal/phpBB bridge? I am working on my own, but if there's an official effort, that will in many ways be preferable, I guess.

Edit: I found at least a link in the discussion forum that is actually about the Drupal integration, so it would be more appropriate to continue any discussion there: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12843689

MGadAllah

Post by MGadAllah » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:35 am

The other topic I think is more suitable then this one.
Many holding their breath waiting for this bridge.
I was about to reply you over there.
You may contact phpBB team to see how you may get involved or know the answer for your question about how things being addressed the right way.

AV1D
Name: Craig

Post by AV1D » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:26 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:finding compatible themes/styles is not that hard and there are plenty of them free,

the bridge is another thing, I have not found any that are good and free yet.

robert
there was one bridge that i used for integrating joomla with phpbb in which was a free piece of software that also included other site integrations.

Integrations that this product could handle.
1. vBulletin 3.8.0
2. phpBB 3.0.x
3. MyBB 1.4
4. SMF 1.1.8
5. Magento
6. Moodle
7. Gallery2
8. dokuwiki
9. Elgg
10. Oscommerce 2.x, 3.x, XT, Zen, Max, SEO
11. e-Front

The software is called Jfusion in which can be found on the joomla extensions webpage

You can find this piece of software by clicking this link too. http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... idges/3723

I took me a good while to find out how to integrate phpbb with joomla however this software was more easy to understand. Well until i decided to get rid of joomla and create a php website instead. (Now im more or less scratching my head with php coding and integrating it with phpbb. But any how i like a challenge lol)

hope this helps.

MGadAllah

Post by MGadAllah » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:56 am

AV1D wrote:
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:finding compatible themes/styles is not that hard and there are plenty of them free,

the bridge is another thing, I have not found any that are good and free yet.

robert
there was one bridge that i used for integrating joomla with phpbb in which was a free piece of software that also included other site integrations.

Integrations that this product could handle.
1. vBulletin 3.8.0
2. phpBB 3.0.x
3. MyBB 1.4
4. SMF 1.1.8
5. Magento
6. Moodle
7. Gallery2
8. dokuwiki
9. Elgg
10. Oscommerce 2.x, 3.x, XT, Zen, Max, SEO
11. e-Front

The software is called Jfusion in which can be found on the joomla extensions webpage

You can find this piece of software by clicking this link too. http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... idges/3723

I took me a good while to find out how to integrate phpbb with joomla however this software was more easy to understand. Well until i decided to get rid of joomla and create a php website instead. (Now im more or less scratching my head with php coding and integrating it with phpbb. But any how i like a challenge lol)

hope this helps.
I've tried this bridge before tried to integrate both joomla with mybb and joomla with phpbb3 and each time things went wrong.
the rocket theme one was really good, especially after doing upgrade for both joomla and phpbb.

AV1D
Name: Craig

Post by AV1D » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:31 pm

it took me a while to figure out how to get them to talk to each other, but once I figured it out it was rather easy.

I cant remember for the life of me on how the installation of the phpbb to joomla went but It worked any how, and was more easier to do than to hack the phpbb coding like most of the information is found on google

Ozo

Post by Ozo » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:26 pm

I found a torrent once and found that thier set up is not simple. you have to use modules in ACP and what not. I suppose its great for those who do not have time to manually work on thier template to make it look pretty. :)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:32 am

Ozo wrote:I found a torrent once and found that thier set up is not simple. you have to use modules in ACP and what not. I suppose its great for those who do not have time to manually work on thier template to make it look pretty. :)
that is one of the reasons they are not supported here.

If I remember correctly, one of the criteria for getting a style accepted here is that it can not require any php edits or inlcusions etc. in order to work.

I won't even work with a rocket theme for people, it is just too messed up.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

MGadAllah

Post by MGadAllah » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:26 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:I won't even work with a rocket theme for people, it is just too messed up.
Please explain.

Daniel Exe

Post by Daniel Exe » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Cause they turn a style into a mini-platform?
My phpBB3 styles: 610nm, Cerulean, CoDFaction, DarkFantasy, GuildWarsAlliance, twilightBB
http://www.gamexe.net

MGadAllah

Post by MGadAllah » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Daniel Exe wrote:Cause they turn a style into a mini-platform?
How?

phpDummie

Post by phpDummie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:40 am

MGadAllah wrote:Please explain.
If I may offer my opinion...
It probably has to do with their, Rockettheme's that is, offerings being incredibly buggy. When they release something - anything - and two days later post a bugfix, you know that there is no testing, no quality control. And this happens all the time: a new template posted - within a week as latest they post a bugfix.

Tachyon initially released on Jan 31, Feb 2 we have a bugfix. Don't get me wrong, it's great that there is a bugfix, but it shouldn't have been there in the first place. Somehow it doesn't seem fair to me to treat your paying users as beta testers.

Often they have the bugs proudly displayed right on the demo site. Want an example? Go to the Drupal demo section, get the latest template, the Akiraka, switch to the preset style #10. You will see that the "Read more" buttons are now white with white text on top of them. Unreadable, but obviously nobody at Rockettheme even looks at this. Akiraka has been up for a few weeks now, since Jan 7th, - nobody cares.

And don't even get me started on the Gantry. Slow as molasses, swarming with bugs.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”