Wordpress and phpBB

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
plork123

Wordpress and phpBB

Post by plork123 »

Hello,

Does anyone know a 'bridge' which will allow a user to register in both Wordpress and phpBB, rather than having to register twice?

Many thanks
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Wordpress and phpBB

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

http://www.wp-united.com/

there ya go.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
plork123

Post by plork123 »

Thanks for that. But I've decided to keep the 2 databases separate

Now I need to find a way to put my forum between the header and footer of Wordpress.

Anyway know how I can accomplish that. Having no luck on the wordpress forums!
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: there ya go.
Unfortunately, WP-United is dead.
But there is life after death here and here.
plork123

Post by plork123 »

Aaaarrrgghhh - I'm confused

I've had a phpBB forum going for ages now and I don't want to allow people registered on the forum to be able to post in Wordpress

I just want to show the forum between the wordpress header and footer. I've read those links you posted and I don't understand what I need to do. It says about using the same db for both, but I want separate

Thanks for any help
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

This seems to be a pretty simple templating issue, nevertheless this kind of questions are best directed to the current developers. Good luck.
Truemedia

Post by Truemedia »

I'm having simillar kind of problems, but I'm just going to code into 2 seperate db's from scratch. Also there is some topics on displaying posts as html. I would try finding a php script from phpbb for wordpress to emulate.
PM me about any topics I have made if you have any questions about them. I'm available for paid hire on creating mods and styles for phpBB, or configuration/installation - PM for quote
Other open source project forums I'm on: Area51
wintermute740

Post by wintermute740 »

With WP-United, everything is pretty configurable. It can use a single database or multiple databases, your choice. If you want to integrate logins but not allow users to comment on blog posts, then that is entirely possible. You can place Wordpress inside your phpBB site, or phpBB inside of your Wordpress site.

All that said, WP-United is a pretty complex mod and may be more than what you need. You may just need to create templates that look the same for both Wordpress and phpBB.

If you decide to go with WP-United and need help, a lot of the discussion is currently taking place at linmo.org, while the latest unofficial release is always at nitemarecafe.com. It is currently compatible with Wordpress 2.7, and will be compatible with 2.7.1 very soon.

'mute
paud

Post by paud »

This is interesting, although I'm not sure if I'd ever have a use for it, since I don't mix blogs with forums. If either one ended up with a major security problem, that could be an issue. Anyway, it's worth knowing about these, just in case. So thanks. :)

On the other hand, I was looking for a phpBB/mediawiki combo a while back, and couldn't find much that was up-to-date.
Pau d'Arco, an herbal tea
wintermute740

Post by wintermute740 »

paud wrote:On the other hand, I was looking for a phpBB/mediawiki combo a while back, and couldn't find much that was up-to-date.
That's even easier ;) See Auth_phpBB
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

and could possibly have the same type of security issues/updating issues as a blog or anything else.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Return to “phpBB Discussion”