[Discuss] Support Request Template Generator

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Re: [Discuss] Support Request Template Generator

Post by MichaelC »

SHEFmanager wrote:I've used it only once and the spammers registering i recieved on my web page went from 0 and i mean 0, spam botters registering to over 6 a day from the day after i posted my url on the support form template.
There is no question in my mind spammers used this form / these forums and are now targetting my website. I won't be adding it again for this reason and i ask perhaps if it's possible to enter the website URL but only mods / admin on here can view it?
Bar that complaint i can see it being a valuable tool for you guys to help others quickly.
Support here is provided by the community and the phpbb.com teams and the link to your board is very important in providing support so the person helping you out can look exactly what the problem is.

If your having spam issue then I recommend that you take a look at this topic.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Post by tbackoff »

SHEFmanager wrote:I won't be adding it again for this reason and i ask perhaps if it's possible to enter the website URL but only mods / admin on here can view it?
If you are uncomfortable posting the URL, feel free to type in "will provided to team members via PM if requested" (or something similar). Some issues don't require a URL at all. If it's needed, we can ask for it. ;)
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
SHEFmanager

Post by SHEFmanager »

Please don't feel i'm complaining harshly- i'm mearly pointing out an observation that's my own opinion. I do realise it's an important question in order to help others but just thought you may like to be aware of it for any updates in the future.
For what it's worth pit$bull solved my problem so was a small price to pay and yes today i included a simple question on registration through the custom profile with a drop down box answer as suggested in the link which i'd read last night - and this is the first day since forum template - i've not had a spammer register !!!
TWEagle

Post by TWEagle »

So if I understand it right the Support Request Template isn't GPL then and isn't available for download??
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

The_White_Eagle wrote:So if I understand it right the Support Request Template isn't GPL then and isn't available for download??
May i ask why you would need to download it?

If you are looking for something similar for your website/forum then you would need a MOD for it.

Thanks
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

The_White_Eagle wrote:So if I understand it right the Support Request Template isn't GPL then and isn't available for download??
The generator itself indeed is written by the phpBB teams especially for this website and will not be released, as everything else on this site for that matter (its also pretty useless outside this site). The Support Toolkit however contains an SRT generator heavily based upon the one used on this site. You could use that code to create your own if you need one.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)
TWEagle

Post by TWEagle »

Elias wrote:

If you are looking for something similar for your website/forum then you would need a MOD for it.

Thanks
If you mean the posting template,
I already use it but I am making a forum for my collega's on the work and they are a litlle bit lazy so they don't want to write a lot down so I have thought about editing the SRT to my needs

but as I understand in the Support Toolkit is the same supprt Request Template
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

The_White_Eagle wrote:
Elias wrote:

Thanks
If you mean the posting template,
I already use it but I am making a forum for my collega's on the work and they are a litlle bit lazy so they don't want to write a lot down so I have thought about editing the SRT to my needs

but as I understand in the Support Toolkit is the same supprt Request Template
Similar, most likely not the exact same. ;)
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
5hocK

Post by 5hocK »

How about changing the "When did your problem begin?" to what is written in the [Help]?
Save staff a little time. ie: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2192758#p13359844
A thread is pretty much a topic. Stop with the pedantics will ya.
moviehive
Name: Aaron T

Post by moviehive »

Two things.

3.1.1 should be added to version list.

When you click 'help' nothing comes up. Is that a browser issue or an issue with the site?
KaileyT
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Post by KaileyT »

I would report those here so the teams don't forget about them.
Kailey Truscott - Community Team
Miker1029

Re: [Discuss] Support Request Template Generator, No Changed HOST Option

Post by Miker1029 »

No option for Switching HOSTS had to click Fresh Install Which It Wasn't...

Mike

EDIT:And That's (I Think) Not the Problem, Was Just pointing it out....
P_I

Post by P_I »

It might be time to update Step1, which defaults the question "What version of phpBB are you using? [Help]" to phpBB 3.0-B1.

The drop down-list needs to cover many versions that might still be in the wild, but shouldn't the default list item be something more current, say phpBB 3.2.0, the earliest release in the recently EOL phpBB 3.2 family.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

Return to “phpBB Discussion”