No contact team member rule

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: No contact team member rule

Post by DavidIQ » Wed May 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Ok...so you PM a Team Member. Now what? We have to drop what we're doing so we go and help you? I don't think so. You forget we're all volunteers. We don't get paid to be here so we are in no way obligated to answer your questions...yet we do anyways when we have a minute. ;)

As for the being on the online list...that's not very reliable. Providing support is not usually a 2 minute activity. Reading something in the forums is. So don't assume things.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Dan27
I've Been Banned!

Post by Dan27 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:46 pm

If you don't have to give support and don't want to, what is the point of being on here then? :?
Dan - Registered user.
Click here to visit my forum.

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty » Wed May 27, 2009 9:22 pm

Dan27 wrote:If you don't have to give support and don't want to, what is the point of being on here then? :?
That statement in itself shows your complete ignorance for what we do here.

phpBB is an opensource organisation supported entirely by the community. Team members have official status within the organisation and assist the community in various ways. Support is only offered via the board; we do not advertise or provide official support via IM/PM/email/telephone or any other private means.

When you ask a question in the Support Forum, it allows anyone who is currently free to answer it. This does not mean that every team member will instantaneously flock to the question. Answers provided in public can also be referenced later and located via the search feature; questions answered in private cannot.

As an organisation, it is up to us to decide how support is provided. It's certainly not up to you to question who should be doing what or what the "point" of being a team member is. You are welcome to PM me if you have further suggestions.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Post by Pit$Bull » Wed May 27, 2009 9:41 pm

dan27_157.png
dan27_157.png (30.42 KiB) Viewed 178 times

Return to “phpBB Discussion”