Discuss: phpBB 3.0.5 released

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.0.5 released

Post by stickerboy »

This package was intended as a sample and is no longer provided.
/me slaps iWisdom about a bit with a large inflatable hammock :P
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

cherokee red wrote:
This package was intended as a sample and is no longer provided.
/me slaps iWisdom about a bit with a large inflatable hammock :P
You really didn't want to see it, it was in the megabytes range. <3 the idea of an inflatable hammock though :mrgreen:
Chris SmithGitHub
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

Well, I installed 3.0.5 last night (actually, this morning, at 1 AM) and found at least 6 bugs. I hardly made it past the installer. By 4 AM, I had to give up bug-hunting and go to bed.

*goes to report*
Moof!
Mac GUI Vault: Retro Apple II & Macintosh computing archive.
Inside Allerton bookMac GUIMac 512K Blog
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

ToonArmy wrote:
3Di wrote:Hmm, it seems to me that the 3.2 captcha system has not been back-ported yet.
Not a simple task the 3.2 system is written in PHP5.
3Di wrote:About a 3D-Captcha, that's a real one (a rough but effective one actually), IMHO.
Further devs there within the next few weeks.
It is good to see some additional CAPTCHAs however, some of the images generated are not all that difficult to extract the letters from. It will certainly help though as its not the standard CAPTCHA. Must remember however, not all humans can process 3D shapes in a 2D image. Looking at the code I was more concerned, your CAPTCHA would work fine as a plugin yet you've just modified the rendering code. Also the version in subversion can only support one visitor at a time. Make sure you stay tuned for news on CAPTCHAs in the next release. :)
By a point of view of a Bot it is hard to extract the letters from, since are random.
Please provide a link to where to read WHY humans will get in troubles processing 3D shapes to 2D, I'll be more than glad to improve that MOD, eventhough there is a link for those are visually impaired.
And yes, the final destination will be to be a PLUGIN, indeed, it is a rough 3D-Captcha, as I above mentioned... but effective. :geek:

About the support of one visitor at one time, perhaps I should use cookies then, let's see. :geek:

Just curious about the next release of yours. 8-)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Post by Phil »

Dog Cow wrote:Well, I installed 3.0.5 last night (actually, this morning, at 1 AM) and found at least 6 bugs. I hardly made it past the installer. By 4 AM, I had to give up bug-hunting and go to bed.

*goes to report*
Perhaps next time you should consider this during the RC process so the developers are able to use your feedback as opposed to waiting until the release is made publicly available ;)
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

iWisdom wrote:
Dog Cow wrote:Well, I installed 3.0.5 last night (actually, this morning, at 1 AM) and found at least 6 bugs. I hardly made it past the installer. By 4 AM, I had to give up bug-hunting and go to bed.

*goes to report*
Perhaps next time you should consider this during the RC process so the developers are able to use your feedback as opposed to waiting until the release is made publicly available ;)
please consider there is a security fix I filed prior to the RC stage, you can find into the main package but the others.. and no mention to the reporter at all. ;)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

iWisdom wrote:

*goes to report*
Well, I didn't even look at it during the RC phase, so what can I do? I can't go back in time. I've found it now, and that's that.
Moof!
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

Well that's what you get for messing around with parameters. ;) However it is a bug and I'm fixing it right now. All I expect have existed since 3.0.0 perhaps earlier, none are really show stoppers either.
Chris SmithGitHub
Anubis_The_Jackal

Post by Anubis_The_Jackal »

:| Any way to use the automod to update the board? I read this thread through, and yes, I know the auto installer and all of that, and I doubt there will be a modx release, but really... automod is working fantastically now (I had my bumps with it, but soon got around those).
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

ToonArmy wrote:
Well that's what you get for messing around with parameters. ;) However it is a bug and I'm fixing it right now. All I expect have existed since 3.0.0 perhaps earlier, none are really show stoppers either.
Well, there's the law of diminishing returns, you know. Maybe all the big bugs have been found already, so there's only the little ones left. :P
Moof!
Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil »

Anubis_The_Jackal wrote::| Any way to use the automod to update the board? I read this thread through, and yes, I know the auto installer and all of that, and I doubt there will be a modx release, but really... automod is working fantastically now (I had my bumps with it, but soon got around those).
The only method of using AutoMOD would be if a MODX Code Changes package is completed. One is currently undergoing testing with no estimated release (or guarantee of release).
Anubis_The_Jackal

iWisdom wrote:
Anubis_The_Jackal wrote::| Any way to use the automod to update the board? I read this thread through, and yes, I know the auto installer and all of that, and I doubt there will be a modx release, but really... automod is working fantastically now (I had my bumps with it, but soon got around those).
The only method of using AutoMOD would be if a MODX Code Changes package is completed. One is currently undergoing testing with no estimated release (or guarantee of release).
Woot!

I do hope it is released, I like the automod now. Sure, I still have to do some stuff manually, and I am sure I will with this - but when you can see where the errors are you can customize the MODX file itself, until it runs with that wonderful green glow of completedness at the top.

Mmmm... green...
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V
Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil »

An update done with the use of autoMOD would have similar problems as those done with the auto updater (with relation to code conflicts, given fundamentally they work much the same way), therefore I'm really not quite clear on what any benefit would be ;)
Anubis_The_Jackal

Directly manipulating the ModX file, refreshing it, manipulating, refreshing, etc, with an easy to follow and use xml file.
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V
Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil »

Anubis_The_Jackal wrote:Directly manipulating the ModX file, refreshing it, manipulating, refreshing, etc, with an easy to follow and use xml file.
The changes are far too numerous to be able to do it by hand, so the only possible use for it is autoMOD, which, as I pointed out, has the same fundamental problems as the automatic updater.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”