Upgrade method is a MESS

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
User avatar
Phil
Former Team Member
Posts: 10403
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:11 am
Name: Phil Crumm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade method is a MESS

Post by Phil »

Anubis_The_Jackal wrote:
Marshalrusty wrote:A package has been generated and is currently undergoing testing. Due to the amount of changes, the package is gigantic (as in megabytes).
I throw my full support behind this. Is there a topic specifically for it yet?
No, it is currently undergoing internal testing. There is currently no release estimate (as a matter of fact, there is no guarantee that it will be released).
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
Artack
Registered User
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:26 pm

Re: Upgrade method is a MESS

Post by Artack »

iWisdom wrote:No, it is currently undergoing internal testing. There is currently no release estimate (as a matter of fact, there is no guarantee that it will be released).
Still hope and wait... :(
User avatar
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Posts: 29302
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: New York City
Name: Yuriy Rusko
Contact:

Re: Upgrade method is a MESS

Post by Marshalrusty »

Anubis_The_Jackal wrote:I throw my full support behind this. Is there a topic specifically for it yet?
No. We consider the automatic updater package the official replacement for the code changes package. Due to the size of the code changes package, it is far more difficult to test, and is therefore being "played around" with.

I would suggest trying the automatic updater package and then diffing any conflicting files by hand if you want to update ASAP. Make backups beforehand, of course.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
Artack
Registered User
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:26 pm

Re: Upgrade method is a MESS

Post by Artack »

Marshalrusty wrote:Due to the size of the code changes package, it is far more difficult to test, and is therefore being "played around" with.
Can I help You with testing?
User avatar
onehundredandtwo
Registered User
Posts: 1228
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:07 am

Re: Upgrade method is a MESS

Post by onehundredandtwo »

You can download the SVN repository at area51.phpbb.com if you want to test future versions. ;)

I wouldn't recommend doing it on a live board though, use localhost instead.
Need help preventing spam? Read Preventing spam in phpBB 3.0.6 and above
User avatar
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Posts: 29302
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: New York City
Name: Yuriy Rusko
Contact:

Re: Upgrade method is a MESS

Post by Marshalrusty »

Artack wrote:
Marshalrusty wrote:Due to the size of the code changes package, it is far more difficult to test, and is therefore being "played around" with.
Can I help You with testing?
The package is not yet ready for public or semi-public testing as we have identified a number of problems.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
Post Reply

Return to “phpBB Discussion”