Discuss: Blog post about phpBB 3.0.6 plans

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
EsrarliKapi

Re: Discuss: Blog post about phpBB 3.0.6 plans

Post by EsrarliKapi » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:36 pm

All sounds great. Quick Reply and Ability to search logs was something I was really hoping to see. New caching plug-ins would really come handy for big boards too.

One thing I think needs improvement is the warning system. It would make things a lot easier if warnings also applied some restrictions like post-moderation and post-ban with some warning levels.
[Ultimate Simplicity]

updown

Post by updown » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Here's my Quick-Reply: Very Cool! :lol:

[long-version]
Thanks for this feature-preview! It is helping very much in planning own extensions and concerning upcoming changes. I'm still running 3.0.4 live, since I still need some time to check all the functionality with plenty of MODs addded for needed special features (more or less ~130 modifications). These release-previews do help a lot!
[/long-version]

demon327

Post by demon327 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:53 pm

wow.. nice of the phpbb team :D. this also means thay many people will need to "demod" some mods

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:07 pm

Well, we will add quick reply as an option. This will be a forum-specific setting and connected to the “can reply to posts” permission.
It must be having CAPTCHA option for guest posting, if so?
Last edited by rxu on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Akea

Post by Akea » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:10 pm

Pagination for smilies and icons

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
moo

Sajaki
Name: Andreas

Post by Sajaki » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:17 pm

well, it's all fabulous :) . i think the captcha idea is nice, but i don't see the point for quick reply, it's too chatty and a good mod exists already. Two features i would very much have welcomed is the integration of Automod, and backporting of the new request_var function in 3.2, so i can handle more than 2 dimensions. Now i have to revert to to a thing like $_POST ['level1'] [$event] [$part], which is not very clean. but as always, thumbs up for the continued progress ;)
Last edited by Sajaki on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:26 pm

lol, sweet. :)

kber

Post by kber » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Mr. Natural wrote:Could someone explain the 'pagination' thing for smilies and icons?
to be something like the image attached with this post
Attachments
phpBB • View forum - Announcements_1244645523443.png
phpBB • View forum - Announcements_1244645523443.png (432 Bytes) Viewed 1088 times
Hello All

Double_J
Former Team Member

Post by Double_J » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:55 pm

I have a small question regarding the feeds, I read that you are to use the ATOM format.

Is there a reason why you do not support the RSS2 format, or do not include the option to output this particular format?

god0fgod

Post by god0fgod » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Will this version offer an AJAX editing feature? That links in with the quick reply, since both are used for quickness.

Sometimes I can really annoyed when I have to load the posting page all over again just to make a really simple edit.

If not I'll look around for modifications instead.

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:10 pm

This is one big release!
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

Elitzur
I've Been Banned!

Post by Elitzur » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:26 pm

NOOO!!! Not another update! :lol: I am a bit worried, the update says it adds a quick reply, but the thing
is I already have one on, will this effect anything at all or will it not be an issue?

I can easily remove the one I already have now but it is more work that is to be honest, not necessary... ;)

DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:38 pm

Loving the new plans, can't wait to have some of those new features, only thing I'm not really interested in is the quick reply as I already have one which my users really like. ;)

ameeck
Former Team Member

Post by ameeck » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:40 pm

god0fgod wrote:Will this version offer an AJAX editing feature? That links in with the quick reply, since both are used for quickness.

Sometimes I can really annoyed when I have to load the posting page all over again just to make a really simple edit.

If not I'll look around for modifications instead.
Including AJAX in phpBB will take some work and I doubt it will be used. You'll probably have to wait for Ascraeus.

marksalehouse

Post by marksalehouse » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Fantastic news!

I just logged on today to post about members who join a forum and hit others with PM/email before they even introduce themselves with a post to the Forum. Found this in reference to 3.0.6

Group Management changes for post queue (and others)

An additional feature will be the opportunity to define a minimum number of posts the user must have before he can send private messages. The details are still under discussion, but generally we want to syndicate our post queue and other disallowed features into a new “newly registered users” group. New users are automatically put into this group and removed from it once they reach a configurable amount of posts.

WIZARD! Can't wait for that one!

Smilies? It may save me having to resize the popup within the page code all the time. :lol:

What I would like to see is the ability of Admin to read PM/emails on the board. This is a security viewpoint as some members will not admit to being trolled by other members, hence it is hard to get proof in order to delete a specific member. Also, a lot of members may not know they are being hit on as part of a concerted move to hit on a lot of people at once. Sinister spamming!

Hope to see that one.

The Team here is great. A big THANK YOU to one & all.

Mark

Return to “phpBB Discussion”