Discuss: Blog post about phpBB 3.0.6 plans

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: Discuss: Blog post about phpBB 3.0.6 plans

Post by Phil »

Do remember that phpBB is no longer concerned with using the kernel versioning scheme ;)
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
Galaxy21

Post by Galaxy21 »

I think the update to 3.0.6 will be a nightmare - due to quite some Mod incompatibility it most likely will create. ;)
But I'm looking forward to it.
Ds !

Post by Ds ! »

:D Great Plan

I have Some question about the features for the keywords and the description

Code: Select all

<meta name="keywords" content="" />
<meta name="description" content="" />
are there any plan for theme :mrgreen: because the are pretty important :oops:

Thanks phpBB Team for all the hard work
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

No, fill them in yourself if you feel the need.
Chris SmithGitHub
Stallyon
Name: Chris Bell

Post by Stallyon »

Awesome! Can't wait! Thanks for the new features! 8-)
Attention: Spelling errors in this message are the product of a poor school system. Pay teachures more than athleets.
bbrian017

Post by bbrian017 »

Very good news! If this were a stock market we would had made a profit today!
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

Two mods I would love to see become standard features:

{code} Tab Fix: Actually, this one should be fixed regardless of opinion. Converting tabs into four spaces when inside a codebox defeats the purpose of codeboxes. Not good. Rather than a mod, I would consider this an unofficial bugfix.

Title of Last Post on ForumList: Virtually all other forums display the title of the latest topic/reply on their ForumList.
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Post by Phil »

Acyd Burn wrote:This topic is not for suggesting we add feature X, Y and Z to 3.0.6, please stick to discussing what we have announced. Thanks.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life »

It's sad that if phpBB posts about upcoming features, the community believes that to mean that it's open turkey season and they can request every feature under the moon. Do you realize what kind of effect that reaction will have on the phpBB Developers?
“We have this set of features we want to include in the next version, but lets not announce them to the public because last time, they were all over our backs demanding features!” ... people need to lay off so that the community can be informed of such changes in the future. Be happy there are any features coming, and stop whining that YOUR personal request may not have made it in. :)

--------
Hercanic wrote:Title of Last Post on ForumList: Virtually all other forums display the title of the latest topic/reply on their ForumList.
phpBB already has this feature available. You would simply need to activate it or download a style that uses it. -- And no, this is not the topic to ask how. Ask in a support topic.
rxu
Extensions Development Team

Post by rxu »

Atom feeds don't use phpBB3 template engine. It doesn't look handy at the first sight, I can't explain why yet, but it's just a common sense :P

Why not?
Derky
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Post by Derky »

rxu wrote:Why not?
Because you don't have to style the feeds? :P So why should you use the template system then. ;)
damsprivate

Post by damsprivate »

what i dont like is the QR , why not as plugins ? phpbb what i know is simple , what id like to see is a better plugin mod that intergrate steamlessly with phpbb ( there is automod but not steamless or installed with phpbb )
binus university 2009 .
"did u know that 17 august ( when i join this forum ) is at Indonesia independence day ? "
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

damsprivate wrote:what i dont like is the QR , why not as plugins ? phpbb what i know is simple , what id like to see is a better plugin mod that intergrate steamlessly with phpbb ( there is automod but not steamless or installed with phpbb )
3.0 has no 'plug-in' architecture, this won't be changing. However adding quick reply is a tiny number of edits to viewtopic.php.
Chris SmithGitHub
Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt »

ToonArmy wrote:
damsprivate wrote:what i dont like is the QR , why not as plugins ? phpbb what i know is simple , what id like to see is a better plugin mod that intergrate steamlessly with phpbb ( there is automod but not steamless or installed with phpbb )
3.0 has no 'plug-in' architecture, this won't be changing. However adding quick reply is a tiny number of edits to viewtopic.php.
Hello ToonArmy,
so everybody who want to have it can do this manually, too. IMO it's not really a forum feature.

I'm wondering more and more.

Bye Martin
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!
damsprivate

Post by damsprivate »

ToonArmy wrote:
yes but tiny number of viewtopic.php will be supported for the rest of phpbb life :) , and i dont know why acid change his mind suddenly :) .
binus university 2009 .
"did u know that 17 august ( when i join this forum ) is at Indonesia independence day ? "

Return to “phpBB Discussion”