best free host

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
marosell

best free host

Post by marosell » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:17 pm

I've had some rough experiences with crappy "free forum hosts". If you use one, what do you use, and do you like it?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: best free host

Post by KevC » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:22 pm

We highly recommend that you do not use a free host. Everyone of them has certain issues and limitations. However if you must use a free host FreeHostingTalk can assist you in locating a host.

We do not allow topics like this as they just turn into a spamfest.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:22 pm

We highly recommend that you do not use a free host. Everyone of them has certain issues and limitations. However if you must use a free host FreeHostingTalk can assist you in locating a host.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Eelke
QA Team
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:25 am

LOL. It appears the support team has a template for just such an occasion :)

shadowolf

Post by shadowolf » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:30 pm

Nice.

Well, yes, almost all of the free hosts I've been on have their limits. [spam] hosting services have terrible 404 management (they redirect to spammy junk), [spam] websites never seem to stick around, and there are hosts that use billing forms for free packages. Of course, you have your hosts that don't have PHP and MySQL ready for you to use; I don't even pay half a mind towards those.

The best hosts I could find are http://www.phpbb.com/rules/ and http://www.phpbb.com/rules/. [spam] offers three or four different free packages. You have your choice of ad-supported or ad-free from those; all of the packages come with MySQL, PHP, Fantastico, cPanel, free subdomain, etc. [spam] gives you plenty o' space right out of the bat, ad-free, etc. Don't know about support for [spam], but [spam] has the best support among free hosting services I could find. They're very professional.

EDIT: I just remembered that [spam] gives you the basic PHP commands when you register. You have to contact them through a form if you want other, more advanced PHP stuff.

You can probably tell that I don't code PHP. =P
Last edited by ToonArmy on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: De-spammed

ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:38 pm

As Kevin said these topics just turn into a spamfest.
Chris SmithGitHub

Return to “phpBB Discussion”