[EVENT] [Sat Mar 13 2010 | Washington, DC] phpBB "Monumental" Meetup

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Re: [Sat Mar 13 2010 | Washington, DC] phpBB "Monumental" Me

Post by webmacster87 »

Despite the Snowpocalypse that has been sending the Washington, DC region into a chaotic nightmare, there will still be a good month available for the snow to melt and things to get under control. Yet so far there have been no RSVPs for this meetup!

Given Yuriy's comments I'm considering "toning down" this meetup to eliminate the touristy stuff, but I would like to get some additional feedback before I make such a decision. So please give me your feedback so that this can be a networking experience that we all can enjoy.

And don't worry, while it feels right now that Mother Nature is unwilling to give us a break, I still do have a few glimmers of hope that things will have calmed down around here by the time mid-March swings around. :?
webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

After about two weeks with still no RSVPs, I have determined that arranging group tourist events for this meetup will not be a viable goal. As such, I am rewriting the plans for this meetup. We will be meeting at a local DC Public Library at around 10:00 AM (tentative) and have an hour or an hour and a half to spend meeting up and networking. Afterwards we can decide if we want to go somewhere for lunch, but we'll take care of arranging any other activities that we want to do on the day-of.

I have submitted a request to one of DC's libraries that has an appropriate meeting space available, and my request is currently pending approval. I will update the first post of the topic with details once the new plans are finalized.
webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

Okay, I've rewritten the plans for the event; it's no longer going to involve touristy things (unless people are interested in doing that after the meetup is over) and it's no longer going to cost anything. :)

Please read the first post for more details. If you are planning on coming, please indicate so in this topic (even if you've previously indicated interest in attending) so that we can know to expect you!

Only four weeks left, hopefully we'll have recovered from our snow troubles by then. :roll:
webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

Only five days left! Anyone planning to come? Please give me a heads-up by leaving a reply!

And by the way, bring a jacket and/or umbrella; the current forecast calls for showers on Saturday. Though it's still early to predict for certain, and DC weather forecasts are notorious for being wrong, so don't hold your breath...
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

Unless something goes horribly wrong, I will be there with 2 friends.

Any idea of how many you're expecting?
🇺🇦 Made in Ukraine, exported to the USA 🇺🇸

Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

Marshalrusty wrote:Unless something goes horribly wrong, I will be there with 2 friends.

Any idea of how many you're expecting?
In terms of a "for-sure" estimate, just the four of us so far. Hopefully some other people will also come by unannounced. Whatever, we'll have fun regardless. ;)

P.S. I just came back from scouting out the location and have made some corrections for the directions to get to the library from the Metro station. Please refer to the first post. And bring raingear, there's a storm a-comin'...
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

We're lacking a turnout, but fun all the same.
DSC_0116.jpg
DSC_0116.jpg (143.15 KiB) Viewed 12841 times
🇺🇦 Made in Ukraine, exported to the USA 🇺🇸

Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
le-em

Post by le-em »

Awesome, (the food makes me hungry :P )
webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

That's food from Ben's Chili Bowl, the best place ever. However the line there was insane so we went to Ben's Next Door (which is their fancier brand new restaurant next door to the Chili Bowl), but we were still able to order chili and half-smokes there as well. :)
le-em

Post by le-em »

Good Idea ;)
phpsingh

Post by phpsingh »

darn, i should have looked this up back in march :cry:

Return to “phpBB Discussion”