Board-tracker (torrents), question

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
Linda Carter

Board-tracker (torrents), question

Post by Linda Carter » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:17 pm

Do you know how those trackers are working, I mean, did they just addapted some scripts and inserted some MODs to make them log all tracker activities, or they are using specific boards/scripts to do this job? Is phpBB capable of working like that, knowing what indexed files were uploaded/downloaded from the tracker, what did you got so far (and when you are seeding), your UL speed and all sorts of stats?

I was also wondering if a tracker with less than 2.000 users and huge files is going to spend a lot of bandwith/resources... is it possible to sign for a host service and have something like that?

Note: When I say tracker, I am not talking about PirateBay, Mininova, etc. Those sites have specific boards for users to talk, like phpBB, Invision, etc. I mean trackers where the user have access to the tools of site and the board is stating his overall ratio and the ammount of data he sent/received, on his profile. That means the forums are connected to the tracker tools and the board also logs all those stats. Only private trackers are doing this.
"Whoever has not known himself has known nothing. But whoever has known himself has simultaneously achieved knowledge about the depth of all things."

Return to “phpBB Discussion”