phpBB-Wordpress Bridge - A Wordpress Plugin

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
ijhtio

phpBB-Wordpress Bridge - A Wordpress Plugin

Post by ijhtio »

Hi,

I am sure many of us have been using Wordpress along with phpBB on their servers and wish to have a bridge between them so that all the users could have a single sign on for both the installations. I have found a Wordpress plugin which does exactly the same. I was veru much disappointed by Onepress after I upgraded my wordpress to latest version. But the below bridge has overcame all the issues to provide a better bridge...try it out...

Removed spam links
Last edited by ckwalsh on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed links
regards,
ijhtio
vellatechie

Re: phpBB-Wordpress Bridge - A Wordpress Plugin

Post by vellatechie »

ZOMGGG :mrgreen: .. Thankx a million.. This is exactly what i needed i guess.. will try it 2mroor and will see it it works
ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Name: Cullen Walsh

Post by ckwalsh »

Greetings.

We have a dedicated MOD section located at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=81. This looks pretty cool, and you are welcome to package it up as a MOD and distribute it there.

We don't generally allow links to outside sites for software, so I have removed the links from your post.
Where to post what | Forum Rules | The Dos and Don'ts of General Discussion
In Seattle and want to meet, chat, or have a coffee? Drop me a PM.
ksn

Post by ksn »

Someone forked the onepress wordpress theme add-on to achieve a single logon from wordpress to phpbb or vice versa to work with the latest wordpress (since the original people who developed onepress no longer support it). Since this is not a phpbb plugin you need to search for it at wordpress.org. Go to plugins and search for "PHPBB Single Sign On"
ijhtio

Post by ijhtio »

spamming was never my intension. neither am I affiliated to Wordpress nor I have anyting to do with this plugin. I know for sure that many people use phpBB along with Wordpress that's why I have posted those links in here. Apologies if posting official site links (Wordpress) is also against rules here!

As suggested by ksn, those who need to evaluate this plugin can search it as written in his post. :)
regards,
ijhtio
ameisez

Post by ameisez »

Anyone tried that single sign on with success? mine is a failure. i have phpbb 3.0.5 and wp 2.8
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player
Son of a Beach

Post by Son of a Beach »

I use the wordpress plugin "Auth phpBB". Works OK.
ksn

Post by ksn »

ameisez wrote:Anyone tried that single sign on with success? mine is a failure. i have phpbb 3.0.5 and wp 2.8
Last I heard on the onepresscommunity.com bulletin boards under the "help tips and tricks" area under the topic of "onepress 1.0.8 and phpBB3 3.0.5/wordpress 2.8", the author had it working under phpbb 3.0.4 and not 3.0.5. You might move your questions over the the wordpress plugins discussions.
Jwrbloom

Post by Jwrbloom »

Nothing I use works yet, but Single Sign On author is working to get it complete. When I use it, I'm not able to get to my Admin panel.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”