A lot of mods in phpbb 2

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
Eelke
QA Team
Name: Eelke Blok

Re: A lot of mods in phpbb 2

Post by Eelke » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:44 pm

You might be in luck, but removing columns from thge database doesn't strike me as a particularly smart thing to do :) I would recommend creating a local installation to play around with and try the conversion in a safe environment (but I would recommend that anyway).

Desdenova

Re: A lot of mods in phpbb 2

Post by Desdenova » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:40 pm

computersOC wrote:When the phpBB3 converter trys taking data from the screen name field of AIM on my phpBB2 board, and finds no such instance in the database, will it run into a problem? I went into phpMyAdmin and deleted any columns or references to anything like that ("drop" command I think it is, rather than just an "empty" command).

Right now, my forum is at mydomain.com and I will have to make a mydomain/phpBB3 folder. Once I get phpBB3 working how I want, I can delete the files and folders out of the root directory (except the phpBB3 folder) and then just drag and drop the files, right?

BTW, I have a change log with a link to all mods I did. I was planning on adding/changing the site, then making it live.
You'll probably need to change the script path in the server settings module, and the cookie path in the cookie settings module. You're also best off changing the cookie name at the same time. ;)

Other than that, there's not much that needs changed when you're just moving the physical files.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”