PHPBB3 v3.0.6 Styles Issue

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
ifuturz

PHPBB3 v3.0.6 Styles Issue

Post by ifuturz »

Hi

I have phpBB3 v3.0.2. I want to upgrade it to v3.0.6. I have few questions that i want to ask first though before upgrading.

(1) Is the upgrade straight forward like a new install?

(2) Will the styles i have on with v3.0.2 board be compatible with the new 3.0.6?

(3) Will it affect my database in anyway?

(4) Will upgrading make any difference to my index page or the posts as i have on ?

I have heard a few people have a moan as when they upgraded they lost posts, or members, or can you upload everything except for the index.php?

Thanks in advance.

*spam removed* Please read:
http://www.phpbb.com/rules/#rule6a
Last edited by lurttinen on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam from "signature"
Josh
Former Team Member
Name: Josh Simpson

Re: PHPBB3 v3.0.6 Styles Issue

Post by Josh »

ifuturz wrote:(1) Is the upgrade straight forward like a new install?
Do you have MODs?
If no, it is pretty much just like a new install.
If yes, the automatic update package should be sufficient.
ifuturz wrote:(2) Will the styles i have on with v3.0.2 board be compatible with the new 3.0.6?
Nope, you will need to obtain updated styles from the authors, or, update them yourself, step by step - 3.0.3-3.0.4-3.0.5-3.0.6 (it will take a while)
ifuturz wrote:(3) Will it affect my database in anyway?
It will only make changes required for 3.0.6 to function correctly. It will not change posts/members etc..
ifuturz wrote:(4) Will upgrading make any difference to my index page or the posts as i have on ?
see #3

If you need help updating to 3.0.6, there are several topics in the support forums. :)
Josh Simpson- Formerly known as "HardStyle"
Styles: Submission Policy | Database | Knowledge Base | Demo
Please do not PM me for personal support.
vellatechie

Post by vellatechie »

insted of updating template files step by step just replace all your theme files with latest 3.0.6 and redo the mod edits.. in most cases this is teh faster way for me ;)
Kim_Possible

Post by Kim_Possible »

vellatechie wrote:insted of updating template files step by step just replace all your theme files with latest 3.0.6 and redo the mod edits.. in most cases this is teh faster way for me ;)
This will only work, of course, if there is a 3.0.6 version of your style available. Up-to-date subsilver2 and prosilver come with the update package, but if you use non-default styles, then you must update them each by hand (a very lengthy process because you are so far behind) or rely on the style author to update.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”