[EVENT] [Thu Jul 22 2010 | Portland, OR] OSCONvasion 2010

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Re: [Thu Jul 22 2010 | Portland, OR] OSCONvasion 2010

Post by webmacster87 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:48 pm

MasterZ wrote:You can cross my name off the list, I ran out of money :(
Well that brings us down to five. :(

MasterZ

Post by MasterZ » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:47 pm

unless someone wants to pay for me to come :D I would love to come, just got stupid with my money this year and now I am paying for it.

MikeT81

Post by MikeT81 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:31 am

I would like to attend is it too late to register?

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:31 am

Nope. No need to register with us, though you should plan on registering for a free Expo Hall pass at OSCON. You can do that on-site, though. :)

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:19 am

One week left! Since BBvasion recently went offline, I've updated the first post with more information about all the events.

We're also going to need to think about equipment, if we want to be able to do streaming of the OSCONvasion BoF session. Does anyone have a (good) video camera, per chance, that we could use for streaming the event and doing some other activities, in case Highway of Life isn't able to make it with his? We're also going to think about our needs as far as audio equipment, projectors, and stuff is concerned.

louis giuffre

Post by louis giuffre » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Great News

I am glad to hear about this.

webmacster87
Former Team Member

OSCONvasion Wednesday Preview

Post by webmacster87 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:00 am

My train endured a 75-minute delay, but I am now here in Portland! Well, actually at a friend's house a couple of miles northwest of Portland, but I'll be at the Convention Center tomorrow morning.

phpBB will be in the Expo Hall at Booth 814; this will a great central meeting place for us over the next two days. The Expo Hall is open 10 AM-4:30 PM, plus the Expo Hall Reception (food and drinks!) will be between 6-7:30 PM. Don't miss these great networking opportunities, and be sure to check out the other exhibitors!

My other recommended Expo Hall highlights:
  • Any of the Career Zone companies; they're hiring...
  • The OSU Open Source Lab hosts phpBB.com and many other open source projects -- be sure to say thanks to them!
  • MongoDB is giving out free coffee tomorrow, according to @OSCON
  • Facebook usually has a fun lounge-type booth great for you to tweet, blog, or (of course) Facebook
  • LinuxFund is a good group, and last year they sure had some wacky T-shirts
  • O'Reilly Media not only sponsors this convention, but they sell some great books covering all kinds of Open Source topics
And if those highlights aren't enough, be sure to participate in OSCON's Passport Program, where you can enter to win some great prizes! (I won the grand prize from last year's Passport Program!)

Also be sure to check out the free Products & Services sessions during the day and the Birds of a Feather sessions during the evening, among the other free things to do at OSCON.

See you on the Expo Floor!

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:03 pm

We're set up at Booth 814 in the Expo Hall, with probably the best looking booth (and best location) in Non-Profit Alley! SyntaxError90 has a live stream from our booth on uStream, check it out here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/phpbb-live-oscon-2010

webmacster87
Former Team Member

OSCONvasion Thursday Preview

Post by webmacster87 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:37 pm

The Expo Hall is open today between 10 AM-5 PM. See my Wednesday preview (two posts above) to refresh yourself on my suggestions for what to see in the Expo Hall. I'm going to be interviewing lots of exhibitors today for phpBB Weekly, so if you guys aren't able to make it to OSCON, you'll have a chance to get a taste of what you're missing! I should be able to start pushing out releases of those interviews later today & early tomorrow.

Once again, our "Berties of a Feather" session is tonight at 7 PM in room D136. If you aren't at OSCON, be sure to stream it live on phpBB Weekly tonight! Thanks to my host in Portland, Lorelle VanFossen (who is also one of our presenters tonight), we will have a live video stream of the event!

See you tonight, either in-person at the BoF or on the phpBB Weekly chat room! :)

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:27 pm

The first post has been updated with a wrap-up and links to our media & content from OSCONvasion 2010. Thanks to everyone who came and made this year's OSCONvasion another great success!

Return to “phpBB Discussion”