My train endured a 75-minute delay, but I am now here in Portland! Well, actually at a friend's house a couple of miles northwest of Portland, but I'll be at the Convention Center tomorrow morning.
phpBB will be in the Expo Hall at Booth 814; this will a great central meeting place for us over the next two days. The Expo Hall is open 10 AM-4:30 PM, plus the Expo Hall Reception (food and drinks!) will be between 6-7:30 PM. Don't miss these great networking opportunities, and be sure to check out the other exhibitors!
My other recommended Expo Hall highlights:
- Any of the Career Zone companies; they're hiring...
- The OSU Open Source Lab hosts phpBB.com and many other open source projects -- be sure to say thanks to them!
- MongoDB is giving out free coffee tomorrow, according to @OSCON
- Facebook usually has a fun lounge-type booth great for you to tweet, blog, or (of course) Facebook
- LinuxFund is a good group, and last year they sure had some wacky T-shirts
- O'Reilly Media not only sponsors this convention, but they sell some great books covering all kinds of Open Source topics
And if those highlights aren't enough, be sure to participate in OSCON's Passport Program, where you can enter to win some great prizes! (I won the grand prize from last year's Passport Program!)
Also be sure to check out the free Products & Services sessions
during the day and the Birds of a Feather sessions
during the evening, among the other free things to do at OSCON
See you on the Expo Floor!