are we aloud to do this ?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
nick1200

are we aloud to do this ?

Post by nick1200 »

are we aloud to edit the index page to adds our own adds two it ?
i have it on my own server so should be fine server wise just wondering if its agenst the rules ?
( i know how to but think its best if i ask first )
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Re: are we aloud to do this ?

Post by Marshalrusty »

I would recommend reading the license or the FAQs

Yes, you can add your own ads.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
nick1200

Post by nick1200 »

I only asked for a yes or no answer :?

it says this

2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:

a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.

b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this License.

but i dont understand it it says i can then i cant

P.s Thank you
AdamR
Former Team Member
Name: Adam Reyher

Post by AdamR »

In simple terms (there are more in depth elements, however), the GPL states this: You can modify it in any way, shape, or form to your heart's desire provided two main things are true: 1) The original author's copyright is left intact as well as a notice that you have changed some things and 2) If you distribute your modified code, you must also release it under the GPL license.

Again, there are more complex elements, but that's the basic principal. :)

As for the one word answer to your question: yes. ;)

- Adam
phpBB Support: Welcome | Userguide | Knowledge Base | Search
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
nick1200

Post by nick1200 »

How would i go about adding some ?
id just edit the style ? and not the main phpbb index file ill edit the index.html file in the style folder ( my style im using )

?
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

Start with this article form the Knowledge Base.
Knowledge Base - Advertisements in phpBB3
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

nick1200 wrote:are we aloud to edit the index page to adds our own adds two it ?
i have it on my own server so should be fine server wise just wondering if its agenst the rules ?
Plain English?
/me having hard times in order to get your point.
Thank you. :)
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! 🚀
Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA »

3Di wrote:
nick1200 wrote:are we aloud to edit the index page to adds our own adds two it ?
Plain English?
He's asking if he's allowed (not "aloud") to edit code to add (not "adds") ads (not "adds") to (not "two") the code.

Steve

P.S. Pot, meet kettle. :D You should have said, "I'm having a hard time getting your point." I presume that you're both non-native English speakers, which is fine, but you probably shouldn't criticize somebody else's poor English until yours is impeccable. ;) However, both were good enough that I (and apparently the previous posters) could understand them.
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Pony99CA wrote:
3Di wrote:
Plain English?
He's asking if he's allowed (not "aloud") to edit code to add (not "adds") ads (not "adds") to (not "two") the code.

Steve

P.S. Pot, meet kettle. :D You should have said, "I'm having a hard time getting your point." I presume that you're both non-native English speakers, which is fine, but you probably shouldn't criticize somebody else's poor English until yours is impeccable. ;) However, both were good enough that I was able to understand them.
Yes, I'm Italian. The difference lies where I can perfectly read English (plain) but write it, because I learnt (learned) English myself. That does not means I can't understand that kind of 'slang' (name it that way or whatever else), the other side is: why (we, foreigners) have to hardly get the points into an International Board?

/End of rant.

Thanks.

edit: not to nitpicking here, did you notice mine: /me.. if you are enough skilled about internet you can see that my 'simple thought' it is quite right because it is like a 'note to myself'.
Hope you will get the point.
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! 🚀
Anon
Former Team Member

Post by Anon »

I think this topic has run its course. The question has been answered, therefore the topic can be left to rest now, rather than turn into a discussion about english standards

Return to “phpBB Discussion”