PhpBB3 and Joomla

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide

PhpBB3 and Joomla

Postby crwillif » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:58 am

I already know how to bridge them together but i was wondering if anyone know how i could integrate my phpbb forum into my joomla template like it is here: http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/?
crwillif

Re: PhpBB3 and Joomla

Postby Phil » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:20 am

Simply, you would have to modify either template to match the opposite. It may be easier to look around for a similar looking phpBB style to match that of your Joomla! install and edit it until it suits your preference.

Additionally, there are some styles (RocketTheme, which you linked to, offers some I believe) for both phpBB and Joomla! that match.

In short: you will need to modify the template of one or another to reach the visual consistency you desire. If you'd like to do this on the phpBB end of things, I can move this topic to the Styles forum if you'd like.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
Phil
Former Team Member

Name: Phil Crumm

Postby Elliander » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:21 pm

I like that idea. I would personally like to see a "styles" that is designed to integrate with these other commonly used php programs... but wouldn't you also have to find a way to make the MySQL database share a list of users to have that one login?
Elliander

Postby Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Elliander wrote:I like that idea. I would personally like to see a "styles" that is designed to integrate with these other commonly used php programs... but wouldn't you also have to find a way to make the MySQL database share a list of users to have that one login?

that has nothing to do with integrating the style/theme.

the bridge you mentioned is what integrates the login/ database, etc.
it does not know or care what the style/theme is of either one.

robert
Lumpy Burgertushie

Postby Eelke » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:16 am

If you want to adopt the look and feel from a different product, like Joomla, in a more automated way that simply make phpBB look like the other product, creating an "embedded" style is the least of your worries. The biggest problem will actually be to run phpBB inside the other product (I am not sure if there are bridge products for Joomla that do this) or to have phpBB somehow make use of the other product's template engine.
Eelke
QA Team

Name: Eelke Blok

Return to phpBB Discussion