Discuss phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 released

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: Discuss phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 released

Post by Phil » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:26 am

We generally do not forecast dates for future releases. That being said, phpBB 3.0.8 has yet to enter the release candidate phase, so it is safe to say that it will be several weeks (at least) until it is released.

You'll probably find it easier to update to 3.0.7-PL1 now and update to 3.0.8 when it is released--generally speaking, upgrades become more difficult as the version gap increases; it's in your best interest to upgrade as quickly as possible.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Discuss phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 released

Post by ric323 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:47 am

ozstamps wrote:Hi - I own a small size hobby board with about a million posts.

And am totally non tech minded and no-one else there is, so we do not know how to do these things. And am not game to hit the "update" button! :mrgreen:

Most here are serious techies it seems, so apologies for the non tech question!

We have 3.04 now and I was going to wait for 3.0.8 to update us -- sorry if I missed the info with expected date of 3.0.8 being available .. does anyone know please, that might be able to advise?

Thanks in advance

Glen
As a matter of interest, what is the address of your board?
If you have not installed any MODs, and are using one of the two default styles shipped with phpB, then updating is extremely easy, even for non-techies. We can show you how :)
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “phpBB Discussion”