[Discuss] Announcing Titania, the Customisation Database

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [Discuss] Announcing Titania, the Customisation Database

Post by Paul »

Without a example on the "lost" MODs thing it is kinda hard to say anything is lost ;). A MOD name or something should do it. Looking from a technically aspect, it seems kinda hard to something to be lost, as it would mean and at least 1, but in most cases more then one, topic, a titania item and a log item is removed without any new clue.

About the other issue, we are all busy, sometimes the questions are just unclear, and sometimes we miss replies as we have a lot of topics there. If something isnt answered, just bump it, we might just have missed it. This is no issue of titania at all.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA »

There's also the problem that's been going on for weeks with Search giving the following error if you're in the Modification Database section:
A network issue occurred: Could not read from the stream. It was probably terminated by the host.
This used to work fine and there's been a bug open which still hasn't been fixed. :(

The workaround is to search the entire Customization Database, not just the Modification Database, but that's not very obvious and will potentially give non-MOD results.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

Regarding the search, the whole search system for titania is being rebuilt to not use solr.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
leviatan21
Name: Gabriel

Post by leviatan21 »

Stoker 4.0 wrote:Im not trying to *beep* the mod team. I know real life is catching up with you.
You do volunteer work which I respect deeply.

The mods getting lost has happened to me 2 times.
Cant get you examples, they are lost :)
++
I also have something to say :
almost a month I request that close/mark as abandoned some of my MODs, and now in one of them there is a question from a user waiting for an answer
An now ? Who will support it ? I have no interest to do it :evil:
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español
Paul
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

leviatan21 wrote:
Stoker 4.0 wrote:Im not trying to *beep* the mod team. I know real life is catching up with you.

++
almost a month I request that close/mark as abandoned some of my MODs, and now in one of them there is a question from a user waiting for an answer
We never mark MODs that are approved as ABD, it is not like MODs in development. Once it is approved, a MOD is only removed when we or clean up the queue or there is a security issue in it.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
nextgen
Jr. Style Validator
Name: Melvin García

Post by nextgen »

Paul wrote:
leviatan21 wrote:

++
We never mark MODs that are approved as ABD, it is not like MODs in development. Once it is approved, a MOD is only removed when we or clean up the queue or there is a security issue in it.
The only solution is to not provide more support for these MOD's :)
メルビン・ガルシア • phpBB Development StylesphpBB Argentina - Soporte en español 🇦🇷

Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

Paul wrote:We never mark MODs that are approved as ABD, it is not like MODs in development. Once it is approved, a MOD is only removed when we or clean up the queue or there is a security issue in it.
nextgen wrote:The only solution is to not provide more support for these MOD's :)
That's is ridiculous, I'm sure if the user know that a contribution is abandoned, will not install it, and not wait for undefined time for support if have a problem.

BTW : If someone is interested continue any of my Approved/Rejected or in Developer stage, just ask me by PB :ugeek:
nextgen
Jr. Style Validator

Post by nextgen »

leviatan21 wrote:That's is ridiculous, I'm sure if the user know that a contribution is abandoned, will not install it, and not wait for undefined time for support if have a problem.

BTW : If someone is interested continue any of my Approved/Rejected or in Developer stage, just ask me by PB :ugeek:
I made my order. :)

Pony99CA

Re: MOD Support

Post by Pony99CA »

leviatan21 wrote:
Paul wrote:We never mark MODs that are approved as ABD, it is not like MODs in development. Once it is approved, a MOD is only removed when we or clean up the queue or there is a security issue in it.
nextgen wrote:The only solution is to not provide more support for these MOD's :)
That's is ridiculous, I'm sure if the user know that a contribution is abandoned, will not install it, and not wait for undefined time for support if have a problem.
Can't you just create an FAQ in the Customization Database that says that you no longer support the MOD and it is offered only on an As-Is basis?

Steve

P.S. Out of curiosity, which MODs are we talking about and why aren't you supporting them? (Feel free to PM me as this likely isn't appropriate here.)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

leviatan21 wrote:
They will, and than they'll post in the support forums that they don't receive support for abandoned MODs. Heck they'll install pre beta MODs from the "MODs in development" section and than come around complaining that it broke their board.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

Erik Frèrejean wrote:They will, and than they'll post in the support forums that they don't receive support for abandoned MODs.
But at least will have a warning message that is abandoned by me.
Erik Frèrejean wrote:Heck they'll install pre beta MODs from the "MODs in development" section and than come around complaining that it broke their board.
You are right, several users do that, I will no the responsible of that, neither you, is just his decision.

Do what you want, as you always do. I don't care, I'm done with phpbb.com :evil:
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

leviatan21 wrote:
Erik Frèrejean wrote:They will, and than they'll post in the support forums that they don't receive support for abandoned MODs.
Post a sticky about that in the support section and put a notice up on the overview page will do the same.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)
Pony99CA

Re: MOD Support

Post by Pony99CA »

Pony99CA wrote:
leviatan21 wrote:
Can't you just create an FAQ in the Customization Database that says that you no longer support the MOD and it is offered only on an As-Is basis?
MOD authors can create FAQ pages, right?

Steve
nextgen
Jr. Style Validator

Post by nextgen »

Erik Frèrejean wrote:
leviatan21 wrote:
Post a sticky about that in the support section and put a notice up on the overview page will do the same.
A notice would not be so bad.
WARNING: This style currently does not meet our licensing guidelines.
http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style ... er_nights/

Miles Cellar
Former Team Member

Post by Miles Cellar »

Abandoned styles (< phpBB 3.0.8) will be cleaned soon.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”