Libertyvasion T-Shirt Design "contest"

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Libertyvasion T-Shirt Design "contest"

Post by DavidIQ » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:56 am

Hello everyone!

I'm sure some of you are excitedly waiting for Libertyvasion to get here and possibly want to get some nice phpBB-swag to wear for it. So we'd like you, the phpBB community, to submit design ideas for a t-shirt. We welcome any designs that you may have in mind and have the means of putting on an image file of some sort and presenting to the rest of the community. If you think you have a design that will be a nice representation of phpBB you are welcome to post a sample of it to this topic as an attachment and maybe an explanation of what you've designed if it's not clear. Be prepared to receive criticism (constructive hopefully ;) ) from other Community members and from the rest of the staff.

At the end of this week (or next week if need be) we'll hopefully have enough designs and critiques to make a final selection/decision. The prize will obviously be that your design will be selected and announced here on the site and we'll mail you the printed t-shirt soon as we order them and get them in. You'll also get your very own Bertie and phpBB team polo shirt.

Above all else, have fun! 8-)

Edit: Attached is a zip file containing .ai and .eps versions of the phpBB™ logo. The archive includes both the silver logo (typically used, suitable for dark backgrounds), and an alternate blue logo, suitable for light backgrounds. Please note that these logos are, at this point in time, made available only for use in this design contest -- a general use logo page will be made available on phpBB.com in the near future.

When submitting your entry, please do remember that it may be printed on a t-shirt. As a result, it should be (ideally) in an alternate vector format. If this is not possible, please ensure that a high resolution copy of your design is available that is suitable for scaling to t-shirt dimensions.
Last edited by Raimon on Tue May 08, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removed Logo files.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: [Libertyvasion] T-Shirt Design "contest"

Post by RMcGirr83 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Any particular format the design needs to be in? I know some screen printers require a certain type of format and some designs just transfer better.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Mr Topatoe

Post by Mr Topatoe » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Well, honestly, your liberty invasion signature without the "I'm a speaker" part, would make a great t-shirt design in my opinion.

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by Christian 2.0 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:38 pm

In addition to Rich's question, what kind of "look" are you looking for?

Casual? Professional? Light humoured? or is it a case of "Whatever, if it looks good enough to wear out in Public and kind of resembles phpBB then we're not too fussed" ?

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Let's assume that the t-shirt will be white so whatever the design is should still look ok/decent on a white t-shirt.
Christian 2.0 wrote:In addition to Rich's question, what kind of "look" are you looking for?

Casual? Professional? Light humoured? or is it a case of "Whatever, if it looks good enough to wear out in Public and kind of resembles phpBB then we're not too fussed" ?
All of the above really. If you can dream it, we'd like to see it :mrgreen:

One thing I forgot to mention is that if you plan on making a design for the front and back we need to see them both and you need to associate them together (i.e. put them in the same image so we're aware) ;)

Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi every one Image

its my first design... Image

phpBB persian international support
Ultimate SEO Friendly URL - Extension
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:53 pm

It is to be libertyvasion themed?
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:56 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:It is to be libertyvasion themed?
Not necessarily, no. It might be preferred/desired to not be linked to the event so it can be used often without it being "outdated" ;)

jonny-b

Post by jonny-b » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:56 pm

First attempt: I liked the imagery that people have in their Sigs, so I thought I'd expand upon that idea.

The Statue of Liberty and NYC Skyline can be removed/replaced with other 'city images' for future use. The text can also be easily maneuvered/edited to reflect better word placement.
Attachments
another idea
another idea
jbg-libertyvasion2010-2.jpg (171.52 KiB) Viewed 5004 times
other idea
other idea
jbg-libertyvasion2010-2a.jpg (184.86 KiB) Viewed 5004 times
The image I like most.
The image I like most.
jbg-libertyvasion2010-small.jpg (106.92 KiB) Viewed 5004 times
You can download my themes from mergenine, site requires registration.

I've made themes for phpBB2, phpBB2 Plus, Orion 2, phpBB3, EQDKP, EQDKPlus, WoW Raid Manager, phpRaid, MGL, EGL.

callumacrae
Former Team Member
Name: Callum Macrae

Post by callumacrae » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:04 pm

@Mels2M: I like it, but it looks a bit too much like you've just copied two images and some text onto a tshirt for my liking, sorry :(

@jonny-b: I like them! I have to ask, are they just text over an image? It looks impressive at first sight, but they do look a bit..

~Callum
macr.ae = my website. you probably won't like it.
Proud user ofProud user of

jonny-b

Post by jonny-b » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:49 pm

Callum95 wrote:@Mels2M: I like it, but it looks a bit too much like you've just copied two images and some text onto a tshirt for my liking, sorry :(

@jonny-b: I like them! I have to ask, are they just text over an image? It looks impressive at first sight, but they do look a bit..

~Callum
The Statue of Liberty is one image, the City Sky Line is another. "Libertyvasion" "2010" and "New York*" are separate layers.

Any thoughts or suggestions, different word placements or whatever are welcome. :)

I've made themes for phpBB2, phpBB2 Plus, Orion 2, phpBB3, EQDKP, EQDKPlus, WoW Raid Manager, phpRaid, MGL, EGL.

callumacrae
Former Team Member
Name: Callum Macrae

Post by callumacrae » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:38 pm

jonny-b wrote:
Callum95 wrote:@Mels2M: I like it, but it looks a bit too much like you've just copied two images and some text onto a tshirt for my liking, sorry :(

~Callum
The Statue of Liberty is one image, the City Sky Line is another. "Libertyvasion" "2010" and "New York*" are separate layers.

Any thoughts or suggestions, different word placements or whatever are welcome. :)
I'm really harsh though, it's really good :)

~Callum
macr.ae = my website. you probably won't like it.
Proud user ofProud user of

jonny-b

Post by jonny-b » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Callum95 wrote:
jonny-b wrote:

~Callum

I'm really harsh though, it's really good :)

~Callum
Well, Thank you :) for not being too harsh. Though, if you want to PM me with your thoughts, I don't mind.

Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Post by Phil » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Please keep in mind that tshirts that are not necessarily representative of Libertyvasion are also welcome -- it would be nice if we find an attractive design that we can reuse over the next few years for all sort of events ;)
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

jonny-b

Post by jonny-b » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:57 pm

I understand :) I'll keep that in mind for the next go around.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”