Drupal Integration?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
metoo55
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by metoo55 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:01 am

I wait drupal-phpBB bridge for longtime and still waiting. :D I have some question, Can i have 1 drupal + 5 phpBB (All 5 phpBB use only one database from 1 drupal - that mean all 5 phpBB use bridge direct to 1 drupal database). It not easy to answer now but this is some requirement to developer team.

And thanks for developer team effort.

ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Posts: 1837
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:50 am
Location: Seattle, USA
Name: Cullen Walsh
Contact:

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by ckwalsh » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:53 am

Sorry to have taken so long, but I have just released a beta. Any testing would be appreciated.
metoo55 wrote:I wait drupal-phpBB bridge for longtime and still waiting. :D I have some question, Can i have 1 drupal + 5 phpBB (All 5 phpBB use only one database from 1 drupal - that mean all 5 phpBB use bridge direct to 1 drupal database). It not easy to answer now but this is some requirement to developer team.

And thanks for developer team effort.
The phpBB database is loaded from the drupal database, thus you could have as many phpBB installations as you would like attached to one instance of drupal.
Where to post what | Forum Rules | The Dos and Don'ts of General Discussion
In Seattle and want to meet, chat, or have a coffee? Drop me a PM.

demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by demon327 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:35 am

ckwalsh wrote:Sorry to have taken so long, but I have just released a beta. Any testing would be appreciated.
Nice, it's even nicer to see that there a no core edits needed, although you need to make clear what the master will be, default it's drupal, but not all people will know it ;)

User avatar
sirishy2k
Registered User
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by sirishy2k » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:34 am

I installed the drupal for phpbb and all the patching and setting the paths are successful but when i chosed to embed the forum in the drupal site its not happening the phpbb forum still opens in a new window when I click on the forum link.

ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Posts: 1837
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:50 am
Location: Seattle, USA
Name: Cullen Walsh
Contact:

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by ckwalsh » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:31 pm

sirishy2k wrote:I installed the drupal for phpbb and all the patching and setting the paths are successful but when i chosed to embed the forum in the drupal site its not happening the phpbb forum still opens in a new window when I click on the forum link.
Hold your horses. I'm in the middle of finals week right now; should be able to get stuff working better when I no longer have schoolwork to distract me.
Where to post what | Forum Rules | The Dos and Don'ts of General Discussion
In Seattle and want to meet, chat, or have a coffee? Drop me a PM.

demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by demon327 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:54 pm

ckwalsh wrote:
sirishy2k wrote:I installed the drupal for phpbb and all the patching and setting the paths are successful but when i chosed to embed the forum in the drupal site its not happening the phpbb forum still opens in a new window when I click on the forum link.
Hold your horses. I'm in the middle of finals week right now; should be able to get stuff working better when I no longer have schoolwork to distract me.
I don't think he's talking about your module, he's talking about the phpbbforum, that uses the drupal backend...

User avatar
sirishy2k
Registered User
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by sirishy2k » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:38 pm

demon327 wrote:
ckwalsh wrote:
sirishy2k wrote:I installed the drupal for phpbb and all the patching and setting the paths are successful but when i chosed to embed the forum in the drupal site its not happening the phpbb forum still opens in a new window when I click on the forum link.
Hold your horses. I'm in the middle of finals week right now; should be able to get stuff working better when I no longer have schoolwork to distract me.
I don't think he's talking about your module, he's talking about the phpbbforum, that uses the drupal backend...
Yes the drupal module for phpbb integration
this one http://drupal.org/project/phpbbforum
I tried Google searching and also in the phpbb website many people have this problem but i did not find any proper working solution for it.

demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by demon327 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:26 am

sirishy2k wrote:
demon327 wrote:
ckwalsh wrote:
sirishy2k wrote:I installed the drupal for phpbb and all the patching and setting the paths are successful but when i chosed to embed the forum in the drupal site its not happening the phpbb forum still opens in a new window when I click on the forum link.
Hold your horses. I'm in the middle of finals week right now; should be able to get stuff working better when I no longer have schoolwork to distract me.
I don't think he's talking about your module, he's talking about the phpbbforum, that uses the drupal backend...
Yes the drupal module for phpbb integration
this one http://drupal.org/project/phpbbforum
I tried Google searching and also in the phpbb website many people have this problem but i did not find any proper working solution for it.
i do have a custome modx file, but it only handles the user sync, not the theme stuff and so on :)

User avatar
Eelke
QA Team
Posts: 2903
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2001 8:00 am
Location: NL, Bussum
Name: Eelke Blok
Contact:

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by Eelke » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:52 am

You'll have to ask for support for that particular module over at the project page on drupal.org. That is a different module from the one that ckwalsh is developing.

Bridgette
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by Bridgette » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:14 am

I'm waiting patiently as well. I looked at the beta version but didn't see a clear set of instructions. Does anyone have those handy? :shock:

Thanks!

B.

demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by demon327 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:46 am

Bridgette wrote:I'm waiting patiently as well. I looked at the beta version but didn't see a clear set of instructions. Does anyone have those handy? :shock:

Thanks!

B.
Hold your horses. I'm in the middle of finals week right now; should be able to get stuff working better when I no longer have schoolwork to distract me.
Was posted about a week ago, so give the author the time: )

User avatar
MGadAllah
Registered User
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:50 pm
Location: EGYPT - Cairo
Name: Mohamed GadAllah
Contact:

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by MGadAllah » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:20 pm

I do believe that it deserves the waiting time.

This remind me when I was waiting for Drupal themes club at rocket theme websites when they promised to add a drupal club and I waited several months and ended up with a really amazing out of the box drupal themes.

So you are not a lone in this and many others waiting for this, I am waiting since two years or so to find some stable integration for Drupal and phpBB.
Would you like to know more about ISLAM ?

SammMoney
Registered User
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by SammMoney » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Just curious.

Is this bridge going to work with Drupal 7 or 6?

User avatar
MGadAllah
Registered User
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:50 pm
Location: EGYPT - Cairo
Name: Mohamed GadAllah
Contact:

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by MGadAllah » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:01 pm

SammMoney wrote:Just curious.

Is this bridge going to work with Drupal 7 or 6?
I think 7.
Would you like to know more about ISLAM ?

User avatar
/a3
Registered User
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:08 am
Location: /dev/random

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by /a3 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:20 pm

Well the bridge was started last year when the Drupal 7 beta was out (I think) so I would imagine it might be a Drupal 6 bridge. Don't forget that support for D6 won't be dropped until D8 is out though. :)
$ git commit -m "YOLO"

Post Reply

Return to “phpBB Discussion”