Drupal Integration?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by demon327 »

qu4rk wrote:Can you post a link?
using it on:

Code: Select all

http://ashladan.be
Please don't make a test account on the above!!!
http://panzerkampf.be
Both using drupal and phpbb 3.0.8.

Notice: i only made the user sync file edits, no other ;)

qu4rk
Registered User
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:47 am

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by qu4rk »

k. Haha, I meant a link to the module.

After reading posts where they strip out peoples sites, I don't want to get either of us in trouble.

demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by demon327 »

qu4rk wrote:k. Haha, I meant a link to the module.

After reading posts where they strip out peoples sites, I don't want to get either of us in trouble.
There both my websites, but i can't remove accounts :).

The module, the very thing that stands in between drupal and phpbb: http://drupal.org/project/phpbbforum

Please notice that the instructions for file edits are crap..

demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by demon327 »

8 months later:

The module author is getting some help and the most issues from above got fixed, they even put the instructions in a phpbb modfile... still waiting on RC7 for 6.x but there on the right track :)

User avatar
parasolx
Registered User
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Malaysia
Name: Hadafi

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by parasolx »

Hi,

Just for sharing regarding this topic. I've using this module for about 3 years and it works very nice. No such big problem in upgrading or updating Drupal and phpBB.

Just you need to do more work since it's combine two powerful system. It's provide two ways of integration. One is embeded phpBB in Drupal page OR synchronizing log in session.

FYI, you can visit my site which currently powered by Drupal + phpBB.
http://kripkornstudios.com.my -- this is Drupal
http://kripkornstudios.com.my/komuniti -- this is phpBB.

User avatar
MGadAllah
Registered User
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:50 pm
Location: EGYPT - Cairo
Name: Mohamed GadAllah
Contact:

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by MGadAllah »

parasolx wrote:Hi,

Just for sharing regarding this topic. I've using this module for about 3 years and it works very nice. No such big problem in upgrading or updating Drupal and phpBB.

Just you need to do more work since it's combine two powerful system. It's provide two ways of integration. One is embeded phpBB in Drupal page OR synchronizing log in session.

FYI, you can visit my site which currently powered by Drupal + phpBB.
http://kripkornstudios.com.my -- this is Drupal
http://kripkornstudios.com.my/komuniti -- this is phpBB.
Please would you share with us your settings?
Would you like to know more about ISLAM ?

demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by demon327 »

MGadAllah wrote:
parasolx wrote:Hi,

Just for sharing regarding this topic. I've using this module for about 3 years and it works very nice. No such big problem in upgrading or updating Drupal and phpBB.

Just you need to do more work since it's combine two powerful system. It's provide two ways of integration. One is embeded phpBB in Drupal page OR synchronizing log in session.

FYI, you can visit my site which currently powered by Drupal + phpBB.
http://kripkornstudios.com.my -- this is Drupal
http://kripkornstudios.com.my/komuniti -- this is phpBB.
Please would you share with us your settings?
Still trying to get it working? :)

User avatar
MGadAllah
Registered User
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:50 pm
Location: EGYPT - Cairo
Name: Mohamed GadAllah
Contact:

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by MGadAllah »

demon327 wrote:
MGadAllah wrote:
parasolx wrote:Hi,

Just for sharing regarding this topic. I've using this module for about 3 years and it works very nice. No such big problem in upgrading or updating Drupal and phpBB.

Just you need to do more work since it's combine two powerful system. It's provide two ways of integration. One is embeded phpBB in Drupal page OR synchronizing log in session.

FYI, you can visit my site which currently powered by Drupal + phpBB.
http://kripkornstudios.com.my -- this is Drupal
http://kripkornstudios.com.my/komuniti -- this is phpBB.
Please would you share with us your settings?
Still trying to get it working? :)
I am afraid yes :(
Would you like to know more about ISLAM ?

User avatar
parasolx
Registered User
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Malaysia
Name: Hadafi

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by parasolx »

Hi, I'm using this module for integration: http://drupal.org/project/phpbbforum

This module it's provide two way of synchronization, 1. trough embedding phpBB in Drupal, 2. sync for login session. My site using the second sync method. At first I'm using first method but it really hard in theming phpBB template and some conflicts may occur when you installed a lot of Modx.

But if you wanna to go with plain phpBB, I suggest to use first method.

demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by demon327 »

parasolx wrote:Hi, I'm using this module for integration: http://drupal.org/project/phpbbforum
The problem with that module is, that its crap... So many bug reports, last official release dates back to 29 august 2011, if you want to use the one for 3.10, you need to download a dev version! Unstable code... I can't make use of certain drupal modules cause this modules conflicts cause it includes the full phpbb installation, so if there is critical error in phpbb, your site will be down to :roll:

User avatar
parasolx
Registered User
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Malaysia
Name: Hadafi

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by parasolx »

demon327 wrote:The problem with that module is, that its crap... So many bug reports, last official release dates back to 29 august 2011, if you want to use the one for 3.10, you need to download a dev version! Unstable code... I can't make use of certain drupal modules cause this modules conflicts cause it includes the full phpbb installation, so if there is critical error in phpbb, your site will be down to :roll:
I'm using about 90+ of drupal modules, 10+ modx to phpBB installation.. and it have been 3 years running only on SHARED HOSTING server without any problem.

Guess what, my site running smoothly without any problem and I have test running with Boost module and it works perfect. Either I turn offline Drupal or phpBB, my site can run without no problem.

GroovyMotion
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:59 am

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by GroovyMotion »

Just resurecting an old thread...tried the Practical.External login mod for drupal, work great but it doesn't know if the user has registered so it basically stays at the login/register state!
I also tried the phpbbDrupalBridge, that didn't work...don't know if it's because I use phpbb 3.0.12. I also tried the phpBB Forum Integration but since the drupal bridge generates an error in the config I am stuck! :(

demon327
Registered User
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by demon327 »

GroovyMotion wrote:Just resurecting an old thread...tried the Practical.External login mod for drupal, work great but it doesn't know if the user has registered so it basically stays at the login/register state!
I also tried the phpbbDrupalBridge, that didn't work...don't know if it's because I use phpbb 3.0.12. I also tried the phpBB Forum Integration but since the drupal bridge generates an error in the config I am stuck! :(
I gave up and switched to other forum software, that also has no 'decent' bridges, except for one with some minor issues.

Won't post the name of the other software here as stated by the rules :)

GroovyMotion
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:59 am

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by GroovyMotion »

Yeah, I can't believe there isn't more dev for integrating into drupal :(

User avatar
MGadAllah
Registered User
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:50 pm
Location: EGYPT - Cairo
Name: Mohamed GadAllah
Contact:

Re: Drupal Integration?

Post by MGadAllah »

Just use default forum module in drupal and adjust it or use phpbb stand alone! :roll:
Would you like to know more about ISLAM ?

Post Reply

Return to “phpBB Discussion”